Digital tickets

OUFCGav

Positive move to give the option of proper digital tickets in addition to print at home.

Positive move to give the option of proper digital tickets in addition to print at home.
Free Wifi at the breeze block, on matchdays (especially), would be helpful with digital tickets etc Idve though.... cant see the slum landlord covering any cost towards it though.... if wifi signal is weak/non exsitant (as it often is at the breeze block) both individual devises and the clubs 'reader' machines kinda need wifi to operate ads they ought to I'dve thought?

Free Wifi at the breeze block, on matchdays (especially), would be helpful with digital tickets etc Idve though.... cant see the slum landlord covering any cost towards it though.... if wifi signal is weak/non exsitant (as it often is at the breeze block) both individual devises and the clubs 'reader' machines kinda need wifi to operate ads they ought to I'dve thought?

You won’t need to use WiFi. The ticket will be on your phone. Actually, the existing print at home tickets can be scanned from your phone currently, even though the folk on the turnstiles say it won’t work. It actually does.

You won’t need to use WiFi. The ticket will be on your phone. Actually, the existing print at home tickets can be scanned from your phone currently, even though the folk on the turnstiles say it won’t work. It actually does.
aha cheers @makv .... Im a bit of a luddite when it comes to evolving technology.

I wont be 'using' digital ticketing myself ( phone wont be up to it!), besides I go to the ticket office and buy my matchday tickets in person... and I pay in cash :sneaky:

Maybe the money from digital tickets will be used to sign some holographic players. After all we seem to be struggling to sign real ones

The ticket scanner are pre-loaded with the data (which is why you can't buy print-on-demand tickets late on now).
The digital tickets are pre-stored in either Google Pay or Apple Wallet apps in the respective Android or iOS devices.
No local network required.

The ticket scanner are pre-loaded with the data (which is why you can't buy print-on-demand tickets late on now).
The digital tickets are pre-stored in either Google Pay or Apple Wallet apps in the respective Android or iOS devices.
No local network required.
dont have either on my phone ... I'll stick with real cash money me ;)

Can Season Tickets be made digital as well. Will be handy for times people forget the cards.

Can Season Tickets be made digital as well. Will be handy for times people forget the cards.
Some people would forget there phones
I think a big step forward would be for ST holders when they buy a ticket for a non ST covered game just make their ST valid for that game. I know less than nothing about computers but say when I bought a ticket for the League Cup match vs Posh instead of printing off a ticket just press a button or 2 and my ST is valid.

Can anyone confirm that a digital ticket is accepted? I remembered to print off a ticket for last night's cup game but if we can't get additional purchases added to out STs I would like to use Google Pay. I can see the ticket there but I fear that showing the QR code to the turnstile guys would be met with blank stares! I have in the past forgotten to bring printouts with me but I'll always have my phone by my side (I start to tremble if it's more than 4 feet away :)

Had difficulties scanning the digi tickets on Saturday and last night. They gave up in the end and let us through anyway! Will bring the originals next time to save hassle.

Back
Top Bottom