Tickets Digital season ticket

bicesterox

I see that the club are starting to send out digital season tickets and all future advanced tickets will be digital.

Personally I'd rather keep the current ST card, and have a proper ticket for cup games etc.

If I have a digital ticket on my phone, then I change phones, how easy is it to transfer the ticket to the new phone?

I hate bloody progress 🤣🤣🤣

I tried it and failed....I’m all for progress but my smart phone needs a smart operator and Father Time is catching up.

If I have a digital ticket on my phone, then I change phones, how easy is it to transfer the ticket to the new phone?

The e ticket is sent to you by email and you can either download it to Google or Apple pay by clicking the corresponding button. Once that's done its that simple all you have to do is open the app click the ticket which brings up a QR code which the turnstiles scan. You can have multiple tickets on one device so for instance I have mine and my sons tickets on my phone, until they are scanned at the turnstiles they can be transfered to another device. With a season ticket I would guess there would be 23 individual tickets with separate QR codes so if you did decide to transfer from an iPhone or an Android half way through the season it would be easy to transfer the remaing unused QR codes.

Actually it was quite easy, I poked where it said ‘download here’ and it appeared, despite me being older and in SSL. But I’ve got the card anyway, which is easier to lend out if you can’t make it.

• React
Reactions: m
I see that the club are starting to send out digital season tickets and all future advanced tickets will be digital.

Personally I'd rather keep the current ST card, and have a proper ticket for cup games etc.

I hate bloody progress 🤣🤣🤣
If you change your phone you simply need to log in on your new phone with the same account... if you are an android user you will just use the same email address to log in onto the next phone and your google pay account details will be there.

hope @OxVox and FC - when elected- 'have a word' on behalf of OUFC supporting technophobes
I'm actually with you @Sarge , I have no qualms about moving with technology, so long as it is proven to work. Sadly, it appears that this technology is beyond the scope and understanding of the football industry. Southampton, Liverpool and others have shown that the simple turnstile is not yet compatible.

Let's retain the good old fashioned (and trusted) ticket until we have a system that works, please.

The club have issued physical tickets for this season so clearly for this season the digital option is for testing to ensure it works seamlessly and if it doesn't an opportunity to iron out any issues. I for one am in favour and from the clubs perspective if it prevents the physical ticket/card from being passed around then even better as that is potentially denying the club income.

Just see how more quickly the QR code on a nice bright mobile phone screen is recognised by the turnstile scanners than the barcodes on print at home tickets or even the plastic season ticket cards.

Banks are happy to trust this technology with £100 cashless payments which are quickly replacing cash.

It works.

I think a good way forward next season would be to send digital season tickets out but give the option for those without the technology to still get a card.
I always download e tickets when I buy cup games and it works perfectly well. No need to issue plastic cards for the majority of people, but understand some will still need/want them.

The club have issued physical tickets for this season so clearly for this season the digital option is for testing to ensure it works seamlessly and if it doesn't an opportunity to iron out any issues. I for one am in favour and from the clubs perspective if it prevents the physical ticket/card from being passed around then even better as that is potentially denying the club income.
Sod that, if I cant go I lend it out, to someone who wouldn’t otherwise go. I’ve paid for it after all. Don’t all jump on me.

It won’t prevent it being shared anyway, what’s to stop u screenshotting it and sending to a friend or even sharing the email with the link to download the ST.

It won’t prevent it being shared anyway, what’s to stop u screenshotting it and sending to a friend or even sharing the email with the link to download the ST.
Just a word of warning.

If someone were to do that and then the recipient passes it on further... or even their cloud based storage gets compromised do not cry if you can't get into the ground for future games because your QR code has already been admitted!

Just a word of warning.

If someone were to do that and then the recipient passes it on further... or even their cloud based storage gets compromised do not cry if you can't get into the ground for future games because your QR code has already been admitted!
Yep u would have to trust that person not to send it on, or try to use it on other games when u are actually attending. I was just making the point it’s not going to stop people sharing there season ticket

Yep u would have to trust that person not to send it on, or try to use it on other games when u are actually attending. I was just making the point it’s not going to stop people sharing there season ticket
I figured you didn't need to be told that... bet there are a few people excited by their digital ticket and posting the QR codes on Twitter or similar :D

I went to an event where they scanned my QR code whilst it was less than 1cm wide on my phone screen as I offered to zoom in for them!

I received 3 digital season tickets BUT two of them how would I get my two boys 7.9 to use them when they are stored on my phone so I shall be using our season cards it’s easier and less hassle

Back
Top Bottom