Dickies Deal

Really pleased to see him sign the new deal based on potential and the Dunkley/Nelson saga not being repeated.

However, the jury is still out on RD for me. The first half season he had, I thought he looked like shrewd business but last season I thought he was a total liability.

New season, fresh slate, hoping the potential that is there starts to fulfill this season.

Really pleased to see him sign the new deal based on potential and the Dunkley/Nelson saga not being repeated.

However, the jury is still out on RD for me. The first half season he had, I thought he looked like shrewd business but last season I thought he was a total liability.

New season, fresh slate, hoping the potential that is there starts to fulfill this season.

Dickie was in magnificent form for most of the second half of last season. God knows what you were watching.

?Oh oh Rob Dickie bam a lam. Oh oh Rob Dickie bam a lam?.

Some wise guy was singing this at Rochdale away game.

Chant of the season.

To you youngsters out there the song is Black Betty, the group is Ram Jam.

Teacher!!!! Say no more, my teachers knew f**k all.

How good has dickie been the last 3 matches. The way he brings the ball out of defence making room for our midfielders is pure quality. Its like the ball is stuck to his foot.

And how much is he improved over the last 12 months?

Interesting observation made on Radio Oxford on Saturday. Essentially they were saying Nelson should have stepped forward as the more senior centre back and agreed to take the left position last season, which would have allowed Dickie to regain lost confidence etc. I guess Nelson’s priority by then was to showcase his own talent first with a view to getting a better move once his contract had run down.

Interesting observation made on Radio Oxford on Saturday. Essentially they were saying Nelson should have stepped forward as the more senior centre back and agreed to take the left position last season, which would have allowed Dickie to regain lost confidence etc. I guess Nelson’s priority by then was to showcase his own talent first with a view to getting a better move once his contract had run down.

If those decisions aren't made by the manager and coaches then we really are fucked!

Back
Top Bottom