Dick Taylor

So sorry for your loss. Hope you’re doing OK - that result was for him, I’m sure.

Expecting my Dad to ring about now to discuss the great result this afternoon. Sadly he died 3 weeks ago. The last time he rang was after was the MK win. He will have an OU scarf on his coffin.
Sorry for your loss, mate. Sounds like you’re sending him on his way in a fashion that he would’ve loved. I love my calls to chat with my son about the game and I’ve no doubt he loved his. All the best.

Thank you all. He took me to my first game in 1978. We used to travel up from Sussex in the 80s. He retired back to west Oxfordshire 15 years ago whilst I live up near Lincoln. My daughter has become an Imps supporter whilst my son supports both! Our last game was on Boxing Day 2 years ago against Lincoln, when I took Dad in his wheelchair. He had Parkinson's & dementia & deteriorated rapidly over Christmas. We have such wonderful memories of watching the U's together.

Thank you all. He took me to my first game in 1978. We used to travel up from Sussex in the 80s. He retired back to west Oxfordshire 15 years ago whilst I live up near Lincoln. My daughter has become an Imps supporter whilst my son supports both! Our last game was on Boxing Day 2 years ago against Lincoln, when I took Dad in his wheelchair. He had Parkinson's & dementia & deteriorated rapidly over Christmas. We have such wonderful memories of watching the U's together.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you have some wonderful memories though.

Commiserations, it's tough when you have results like today and the messages and chats you are used to don't come 😔 my dad passed 4 years ago now, I still struggle when we have results like today as he'd be the first to message me about it.

Another member of the afterlife supporters' club, RIP.

Sad news. I don't think we've met, but my thoughts are with you tonight.
I too lost my dad to dementia in November.
He was a season ticket holder for many years in the SSL.
Some of his last games were with me pushing his wheelchair and him not really knowing what was going on.
I've managed to get to a few games in January sitting in his old seat and I've shed a few happy tears when the football memories kick in.
He would have loved today's game.
Treasure those memories and stay strong! ⚽❤️

Sad news. I don't think we've met, but my thoughts are with you tonight.
I too lost my dad to dementia in November.
He was a season ticket holder for many years in the SSL.
Some of his last games were with me pushing his wheelchair and him not really knowing what was going on.
I've managed to get to a few games in January sitting in his old seat and I've shed a few happy tears when the football memories kick in.
He would have loved today's game.
Treasure those memories and stay strong! ⚽❤️
We have met!, i used to sit in the row in front of your dad and Terry, I decided not to renew my season ticket this year as having had blood cancer a couple of years ago the infection risk from covid makes me really risk adverse to crowds of people.
You still reffing?

Sorry to hear your sad news.
my Dad passed away over three years ago, he wasn’t able to go for the last few years of his life but he always listened on radio Oxford, I still miss giving him a quick ring at halftime and having a chat about the match on a Sunday morning.
I am sure your memories will give you great comfort for years to come.
rest in peace Dick

Sorry to hear your sad news.
my Dad passed away over three years ago, he wasn’t able to go for the last few years of his life but he always listened on radio Oxford, I still miss giving him a quick ring at halftime and having a chat about the match on a Sunday morning.
I am sure your memories will give you great comfort for years to come.
rest in peace Dick
My Dad listened to RO too for the last couple of years. I use iFollow so we were able to share the spills & thrills of Jerome, Nathan, et al.

Sorry to hear your sad news. My dad died 3 years ago after years of Parkinson’s. I still miss the phone not ringing when Oxford have scored (or for me often just before we scored because of the internet delay).
He had a U’s scarf on his coffin too.

Sorry to hear of your sad news. I hope yesterday gave you a chance to smile in his memory. RIP Dick.

Sorry for your loss Aeromouse. I also lost my Dad suddenly just over a year ago during lockdown.

The day it happened I went home afterwards and watched the Sunderland home game on ifollow, not that I particularly felt like it, but I know he would have appreciated it. 🙏

As others have said, cherish the fond football memories. The one that comes back to me often as a young boy - Tranmere Rovers away!

All the best to you - and a man hug to everyone from me.

COYY!

Sorry for your loss Aeromouse. I also lost my Dad suddenly just over a year ago during lockdown.

The day it happened I went home afterwards and watched the Sunderland home game on ifollow, not that I particularly felt like it, but I know he would have appreciated it. 🙏

As others have said, cherish the fond football memories. The one that comes back to me often as a young boy - Tranmere Rovers away!

All the best to you - and a man hug to everyone from me.

COYY!
Was that the Tranmere game where we avoided the dreaded drop in the mid 90s? I was there with a uni friend!

Was that the Tranmere game where we avoided the dreaded drop in the mid 90s? I was there with a uni friend!

Yep, 1992 I think!

The other teams in the relegation fight were winning at halftime if I remember correctly, but Durnin and Beauchamp did the biz!

We have met!, i used to sit in the row in front of your dad and Terry, I decided not to renew my season ticket this year as having had blood cancer a couple of years ago the infection risk from covid makes me really risk adverse to crowds of people.
You still reffing?
Yes, I recognise you as you look just like your avatar! :D
I've managed to get to a few games this season and try to get dad's old seat. Terry has made the occasional appearance as well -''we're good at corners!''
Hopefully, you'll feel safe enough to return before the season is out. Got my ticket for the Portsmouth game.
Reffing lots of games again having taken a bit of a break. Sometimes 4 or 5 games a week and often at the OUFC training ground on a Saturday morning.
This Thursday evening I'm on the line for OUFC u16s at Court Place Farm.
It's sad, but also nice to see that so many of us have similar happy football memories of lost loved ones.
COYY⚽⚽⚽

Back
Top Bottom