Development team win 6-0

Mellowyellow

Nelson played 80 mins, Van Kessel scored, with a triallist scoring a hatrick.
A host of players got a run out as well.
Yes of course it was a kick around, but goals breed confidence.
If the triallist was a free agent, could he not be signed on?
It gives KR options to consider for a must win game on Saturday

Last edited:
Nelson played 80 mins, Van Kessel scored as did Pekalski, with a triallist scoring a hatrick.
A host of players got a run out as well.
Yes of course it was a kick around, but goals breed confidence.
If the triallist was a free agent, could he not be signed on?
It gives KR options to consider for a must win game on Saturday
don't know where you got Pekalski from? Says Van Kessel x2,Heap,Trialistx3

Amended, read wrongly. Nevertheless something positive towards Saturday’s game. I wonder what KR thought of the triallist?

Amended, read wrongly. Nevertheless something positive towards Saturday’s game. I wonder what KR thought of the triallist?

Might we see him the first team before the season ends, perhaps.

Only if he’s a free agent , someone on twitter thinks he’s currently with a l2 side
Could it have been Hemmings then? The fact he’s still contracted to us would make it more likely than getting a player contracted to another club here for a trial at this stage of the season. Maybe Robinson wanted to take a closer look at him but wanted to keep it under wraps a bit. I’m kind of hoping it’s Watt, according to wiki he’s a free agent which would make him available for the rest of the season. Having said that I’m not sure if Robinson and him saw eye to eye, it looked like he spent a fair bit of time away from Charlton on various loans before leaving for Belgium

Apparently someone on twitter messaged watt and it’s not him. But also after the 4th Thursday in March we can’t play free transfers anyway even if we did sign one
Ah.. cheers

Apparently someone on twitter messaged watt and it’s not him. But also after the 4th Thursday in March we can’t play free transfers anyway even if we did sign one
Ah.. cheers

I didn’t know that about the free transfers either. League keep changing the bloody rules that often. Back to the original guess - hemmings. Would Mansfield allow that ? With him playing 90 mins in the league the day before ?

KR did say in his RadOx interview when he first took over that he was looking to play some behind closed doors games so he could see first hand the players we have out on loan and have a chat etc

Entire development squad today should maybe all play saturday ? ;)

I didn’t know that about the free transfers either. League keep changing the bloody rules that often. Back to the original guess - hemmings. Would Mansfield allow that ? With him playing 90 mins in the league the day before ?
It’s a strange one. If it was a league 2 striker, the only ones that we’d be able to play are ones out of favour with their club. No club would risk players at this crucial time otherwise. I can’t think of any strikers who would fit the bill of not playing for their clubs but good enough for our ambition? I can’t see it being anyone but Hemmings. Anyone’s guess as why he’s known as a ‘trialist’ if that’s the case..

It’s a strange one. If it was a league 2 striker, the only ones that we’d be able to play are ones out of favour with their club. No club would risk players at this crucial time otherwise. I can’t think of any strikers who would fit the bill of not playing for their clubs but good enough for our ambition? I can’t see it being anyone but Hemmings. Anyone’s guess as why he’s known as a ‘trialist’ if that’s the case..
Might've changed his name by deed poll to get the boo boys off his back.
I bet if we signed Messi some of our fanbase would moan he's too greedy as he scores too many goals

Can't see it being Hemmings if he can't be recalled. If it's a current out of favour striker, could his contract be cancelled and sign for us?

Can't see it being Hemmings if he can't be recalled. If it's a current out of favour striker, could his contract be cancelled and sign for us?
We can’t bring anyone in apparently, it’s too late even if they’re free agents. Stuck with we’ve got for now. This is with an eye on next season I guess.

Maybe Hemmings played as a trialist so that Mansfield don’t find out he’s moonlighting ?

Didn’t Mehmeti score 4 in a development game recently? So while I would be interested to know who it is, I’m not getting too excited. The bigger story is the return of Nelson - very pleased that he’s back for us.

Interesting that the other Trialist was a GK who played a whole game. Considering the amount of the youth keepers we've got, could it potentially be an Eastwood replacement? Or maybe a replacement benchwarmer if Shearer isn't staying?

It’s a triallist that scored 3 goals, unconnected to a club, a free agent, therefore why cannot he sign?

well Hemmings played the whole game for Mansfield at Stevenage on Tuesday so I think it would be unlikely he was the trialist.

Back
Top Bottom