Desperate for a striker.

Mellowyellow

With Thomas potentially out for 6 weeks, leaving us with 2 worthwhile strikers, forget gvk, we need to get in another striker. Even a loan, as we did with Martinez.
Hemmings hasn’t set the world alight at Mansfield, so doubt he will be recalled. Roberts has found his level at Guiseley, good luck to him.

Obika bottles challenges and does not look interested!

I would have bright Hemmings back and given him a run in that team.

Can’t say I’m a huge fan but if you’re not going to bring GvK on against a team bottom of the league when you’re 1-0 up, and with no other attacking options on the bench, when are you going to play him??

Can’t say I’m a huge fan but if you’re not going to bring GvK on against a team bottom of the league when you’re 1-0 up, and with no other attacking options on the bench, when are you going to play him??
Thing is we had 3 strikers on the pitch. IBR and Henry can both play upfront, aswell as Obika. Formation change was unnecessary if he wanted Mehmeti of he could've swapped him for Napa and moved one of them upfront.

You could have Harry Kane in this team but if nobody is able to provide the ball to him then he'd be no different to what we've got. Supply is Oxford's problem. Whilst the midfield don't show for defenders forcing them to go sideways and then don't provide decent balls for the front men then you get the rubbish being dished up at the moment I'm afraid.

I have no inside info but to my eyes Obika simply didn’t look match fit against Bury, I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t carrying a knock. He was way off the pace.

Do we really believe that another striker would solve the problem? IMO even if we had a proven 20 goal striker they would struggle to get enough opportunities. Balls into the box from either side are non existent, and through balls are lacking without creativity of Payne and Rothwell. If Thomas will be out for a while and obika in need of a rest then I would perhaps look for a loan to get us through to the summer, however, I would prioritise the right side (both midfield and full back). Centre back was an area of concern yesterday, but think Raglan is ready for a recall to replace Martin.

Do we really believe that another striker would solve the problem? IMO even if we had a proven 20 goal striker they would struggle to get enough opportunities. Balls into the box from either side are non existent, and through balls are lacking without creativity of Payne and Rothwell. If Thomas will be out for a while and obika in need of a rest then I would perhaps look for a loan to get us through to the summer, however, I would prioritise the right side (both midfield and full back). Centre back was an area of concern yesterday, but think Raglan is ready for a recall to replace Martin.
IMO left side is the priority. We're playing right footed players on the left at the moment.

People talk about the lack of supply into the strikers but they have to give an option. Far too often on Saturday our front 4 were far too static. Bury were happy sitting deep and we made it easy for them. How many times did anyone come short to create space behind them? Did the wingers switch sides? Occasionally the new kid would drift inside, but that only made it more congested.
This meant that our full backs were the only outlets as they pushed further forward but this left massive gaps behind.

People talk about the lack of supply into the strikers but they have to give an option. Far too often on Saturday our front 4 were far too static. Bury were happy sitting deep and we made it easy for them. How many times did anyone come short to create space behind them? Did the wingers switch sides? Occasionally the new kid would drift inside, but that only made it more congested.
This meant that our full backs were the only outlets as they pushed further forward but this left massive gaps behind.
You could say that about most of the team. How many times did we see Carrol dawdling over the ball unable to pick anyone out? (not that he was having a good game either) Our midfield was non existent and the attacking options were, as you say, static.

Sorry, but our leaky defence is the priority. Scoring is not a huge issue -keeping the lead and not gifting goals is.

Then again that was a complete second string defence yesterday, anyone saying that would be lining up at the start of the season would say u we’re crazy.

Riberio Nelson raglan silva

Much much better

So a rb is Definitely needed due to loss of ribs. (although I think I read dickie can also play there.) the two centre half’s are ok, but slow and prone to a mistake, dickie and raglan paring till Nelson returns maybe ?

Back
Top Bottom