Desperate for a striker.

Re Mehmeti.

According to Faz today in the OM:

“Agon has trained most of the week. It’s been more fatigue than an actual issue, although I think he does have a slight problem with his groin."

Fatigue? He has hardly played!

Re Mehmeti.

“Agon has trained most of the week. It’s been more fatigue than an actual issue, although I think he does have a slight problem with his groin."

I think some of our foreign legion are having problems with the energy levels required for English League 1 football. Suspect it’s been a complete shock to Van Kessel, Xemi, & Mehmeti.

Re Mehmeti.

I don't understand...

Surely if he has hardly played and struggled with injuries he sill struggle and get tired quicker until he builds up 'match fitness'?

If none of our Strikers are fit for Saturday, then maybe we could see Faz try Henry up front? Decent strike on him and he is tall enough to win flick ons and great with ball at feet then he can have Malachi Napa and IBR feeding of him and getting in behind. Henry isn't quick enough for a winger and looked very good centrally on Saturday.

Hemmings in a front 2 will get you goals if you have decent wide men who can, and are encouraged to, cross the ball into the penalty area. I don't mind possession football but you have to mix it up with a few direct passes / crosses when the opportunities arise. A bit like shooting from 20+ yards!
Not this one again. Hemmings is not good enough. He will score goals at L2 because that is his level......

Remember when Wilder was suggesting Harry Worley’s Curly Wurly could play up top?

Basically I think we should do that. Just so we can sing the song again.

Kane Hemmings will score for fun if provided with the right supply. He thrived at Dundee when the right type of ball was played in by Greg Stewart. It was a great shame that he went to Birmingham (where he didn't succeed), and we signed our second choice winger in Marvin!
While Marvin on a 'good day' was exciting to watch and scored some great individual goals, he was anything but a team player! He didn't see his job as providing the gilt-edged scoring opportunities for Kane Hemmings. It was all about Marvin putting himself in the shop window!
Kane also operates best off a second striker......just the same as John Aldridge, who was at his best playing alongside brilliant Billy Hamilton.

Marvin set up a lot more goals than he scored and he did so from left back. I know he didn't cover himself in glory when he left but let's not outright lie about him

Kane Hemmings will score for fun if provided with the right supply. He thrived at Dundee when the right type of ball was played in by Greg Stewart. It was a great shame that he went to Birmingham (where he didn't succeed), and we signed our second choice winger in Marvin!
While Marvin on a 'good day' was exciting to watch and scored some great individual goals, he was anything but a team player! He didn't see his job as providing the gilt-edged scoring opportunities for Kane Hemmings. It was all about Marvin putting himself in the shop window!
Kane also operates best off a second striker......just the same as John Aldridge, who was at his best playing alongside brilliant Billy Hamilton.
He won’t score “goals for fun” in L1 as he’s not good enough......comparing him to John Aldridge is, I assume, some sort of joke?

Back
Top Bottom