Desperate for a striker.

We
Then again that was a complete second string defence yesterday, anyone saying that would be lining up at the start of the season would say u we’re crazy.

Riberio Nelson raglan silva

Much much better

So a rb is Definitely needed due to loss of ribs. (although I think I read dickie can also play there.) the two centre half’s are ok, but slow and prone to a mistake, dickie and raglan paring till Nelson returns maybe ?

We won't be signing anyone with Pep gone.

We
Then again that was a complete second string defence yesterday, anyone saying that would be lining up at the start of the season would say u we’re crazy.

Riberio Nelson raglan silva

Much much better

So a rb is Definitely needed due to loss of ribs. (although I think I read dickie can also play there.) the two centre half’s are ok, but slow and prone to a mistake, dickie and raglan paring till Nelson returns maybe ?

We won't be signing anyone with Pep gone.

Depends how much u believe these last 3 signings had to do with pep. Not a lot by the looks of it

But as I said branagans dad has said it was mapp that got cam here, not a lot to do with pep

MApp showed the initial interest. The offer of regular football got him here.

The one constant throughout is the recruitment. We *seemingly* went against it last summer and now appear to have reverted to the tried and tested.

I wonder if bringing Clotet in was a stop-gap as DE thought he would be selling. This position seems to have changed...DE possibly staying, maybe some new investment, but we *appear* to be returning to the tried and tested.

Do we now recall Hemmings?

I think we should have recalled him weeks ago! Our front line is fragile, certainly no harm having an extra player to cover.

Aside from Obika and Thomas who do we have? GVK is pants.

I think we should have recalled him weeks ago! Our front line is fragile, certainly no harm having an extra player to cover.

I agree, think the jury is still out on Mehmeti

I agree, think the jury is still out on Mehmeti

Mehmeti has only just comeback from injury so he needs a run in the team but agree at the moment the jury is still out. In the little I've seen of him, he does make some clever runs.

Jury is still out on Obika has his back to the goal more often than enough, yes he holds the ball up well enough but no one to pass to.

Think he goes down too easy though!
I think people are a little harsh on him. Look at what he’s come into: a manager who can’t coach (a coach who can’t manage, then) a striking partner who can’t hit a barn door and completely lacks communication, pace and effort, a midfield supplying next to nothing in terms of decent passes, a lack of wide men to feed him in the penalty area.

I think people are a little harsh on him. Look at what he’s come into: a manager who can’t coach (a coach who can’t manage, then) a striking partner who can’t hit a barn door and completely lacks communication, pace and effort, a midfield supplying next to nothing in terms of decent passes, a lack of wide men to feed him in the penalty area.

Wasn't trying to be too harsh, just noticed it Saturday

First thing any new manager should do when he comes in (hopefully before the window closes) is to send van Kessel back to his parent club. As for Hemmings, if we aren't going to dip into the market and the new manager comes in who wants to play in a way that will see Hemmings flourish (ie getting the ball wide and having players who can cross the ball with pace and accuracy), then he should be recalled and given the chance. Given the correct service, he will score goals. It took him a while to find his feet at Mansfield, but now he's had a run of games, he's got his confidence back and a confident Kane Hemmings is better than any of the options we currently have.

First thing any new manager should do when he comes in (hopefully before the window closes) is to send van Kessel back to his parent club. As for Hemmings, if we aren't going to dip into the market and the new manager comes in who wants to play in a way that will see Hemmings flourish (ie getting the ball wide and having players who can cross the ball with pace and accuracy), then he should be recalled and given the chance. Given the correct service, he will score goals. It took him a while to find his feet at Mansfield, but now he's had a run of games, he's got his confidence back and a confident Kane Hemmings is better than any of the options we currently have.

Thing with Hemmings is that through most of his time here he was not playing in a 2 man attack, always thought he would be more effective playing off someone, the only one he ever seemed to play off with was Thomas and they were too similar.

Still nothing to say we will be playing 4 4 2 now anyway

I would bring him back though, for me he is a step up on Obika and maybe Mehmeti on what we have seen sofar

I'd be more than happy to see a new striker brought in, but if not then we have to recall Hemmings. He is limited but still better than anyone else playing off a striker. He scored most of his goals in a front 2 alongside Taylor/Thomas and will score goals if fed.

Give him a fresh chance to fight for a place next season, we have nothing to lose.

Hemmings in a front 2 will get you goals if you have decent wide men who can, and are encouraged to, cross the ball into the penalty area. I don't mind possession football but you have to mix it up with a few direct passes / crosses when the opportunities arise. A bit like shooting from 20+ yards!

Back
Top Bottom