Deserves own thread - youtube film - BRILLIANT! Charlton away

Hackney Jack

I have to say, being of the older generation (43 years old), I get fed up with the amount and constantness of social media.

*However*, just watch this, for probably the best thing you'll have seen in a long time. It's from yesterday's game, and he's not even an Oxford fan.

He's captured exactly why we go to football, the community and comradery of going to the game. These youth all behave exactly how most of did yesterday, and the bitter/sweet is what supporting Oxford is all about.

The moments, faces and shared emotions is utterly incredible.

The final 8 minutes are sheer raw, honest, unpolished human behaviour.

I think this lad is really onto something.

Great video and can see me celebrating the last 2 goals like a madman which is nice

A lot of clubs seem to have these style videos now, some are pretty dreadful but i've seen a couple that are actually really good considering it's just some kid with a camera

Great video.

He did our game versus Bradford last season from the away end I believe. Which of course featured another late winner for us

Couldn't get to the match, but hearing the report and commentary, along with this video helps give a taste of the atmosphere and drama. Brilliant.
Hope this is the turning point and Oxford really are 'back' - and maybe an announcement regards a new manager is imminent.

Since we’re on the topic of videos, the last 20 seconds of this one show what a sweet strike Ledson’s goal was. Just check out the curl on it to beat the ‘keeper.

Agree. What a sweet strike, and the pandimonium after was pure class! That's me with the yellow flag going ape s**t!

I have to say, being of the older generation (43 years old), I get fed up with the amount and constantness of social media.

*However*, just watch this, for probably the best thing you'll have seen in a long time. It's from yesterday's game, and he's not even an Oxford fan.

He's captured exactly why we go to football, the community and comradery of going to the game. These youth all behave exactly how most of did yesterday, and the bitter/sweet is what supporting Oxford is all about.

The moments, faces and shared emotions is utterly incredible.

The final 8 minutes are sheer raw, honest, unpolished human behaviour.

I think this lad is really onto something.

11:30 in (when the winner goes in) is simply amazing

He`ll be an Oxford fan soon enough............... can see it in his eyes................

Being a VOF I`ll agree with @Hackney Jack about "sooschul mejia" but he certainly captures it well, although a bit too much "his face" than match/fan stuff IMHO.

Still can`t beat being their though....

He is, was with bradford fans last season when Maguire scored the last minute free kick.
He has now experienced 2 last minute winners at oxford games.
Get him to every game......:D

Who does that lad actually support then?

I remember watching his vid at the Bradford game.

I'm an exile in my 40's,was a regular at the Manor back in the day and endured numerous drab away defeats in the Horton / D. Smith / Shotton era. The visceral collective ecstasy of a last minute away win captured in this vid brought me to tears of joy (and I'm not one for that kind of post-Italia '90 "weeping fan" nonsense ;)) - it reminded me of why I became hooked on football as a young lad and what following your home town team is all about - a moment like that makes all the disappointments and non-events meaningful. Thanks for posting!

If he’s doing the 92, needs to get himself along to Northampton in a couple of weeks for another late winner ?.

Back
Top Bottom