• ****Join the YF Fantasy EFL League: HERE. ****

Manager/Coach Des Buckingham

Well he sounds excited and looking forward ( a reference again at being his home club and how ambitious we are).
Nothing mentioned about Wales....
A tactical ploy - they’ll be very aware of the noise and this is just their way of going ‘nothing to see here’ and that’s a necessary reaction.

There’s enough smoke here to believe there was a spark somewhere with all this. How far it went, we’ll not know for sure. I don’t question Des’ commitment, this is his club. This won’t be the last time his name is mentioned, it’s a consequence of success. I just seriously hope this was a wake up call to those above, as if they needed another, to buck their ideas up fast before we lose more good people.

I think he did remarkably to come back from a point of no return and somehow steer us from fragmentation to promotion.

There’s an argument to say he still has a fair bit to prove as tactically we were a million miles off it on a pretty regular basis. Play offs, however, was a masterclass across all 3 games and I hope that sees him stand on the touchline with more confidence than he arrived with and really own this team.

Consistency is what will make the difference now and of course good recruitment since he was working with a squad that was largely inherited.

Given that this transfer window is the first one that he's had to change the squad significantly (January is always a buggers muddle) then I have high hopes, given how he eventually managed to turn it around last season

It will be difficult to judge his performance this season as everyone else is predicting certain relegation for us. The test for me will be to see that we are set up with a strong defence, that we still look to play attacking football where we can, and he is able to adapt quickly to get the very best out of everyone.

If we can do that alongside good recruitment, and that is looking good so far, then I think we have enough to stay up with room to spare.

Joe Moore the analyst has made a difference I think, certainly our performances appeared to pick up after he was officially announced.
I genuinely don’t think he gets anywhere near enough credit. Honestly, we went from looking like Mike Bassett was putting together our tactical plans to Klopp, almost overnight.

It could be of course that everything “clicked” but Occams Razor tells me it was the arrival of Mr Moore that gave much more of a tactical insight. Des is clearly a talented coach and there is no shame in saying tactics were an area of development until the last few weeks.

I’m confident they will continue to work well together.

I genuinely don’t think he gets anywhere near enough credit. Honestly, we went from looking like Mike Bassett was putting together our tactical plans to Klopp, almost overnight.

It could be of course that everything “clicked” but Occams Razor tells me it was the arrival of Mr Moore that gave much more of a tactical insight. Des is clearly a talented coach and there is no shame in saying tactics were an area of development until the last few weeks.

I’m confident they will continue to work well together.

Moore seems to have hit the ground running.

I'm certain that if Buckingham gets poached, he'd look to take Moore with him. Likewise Taylor.

I'm sure we've learnt our lesson on that front though after Manning walked and took key staff with him.

Shamrock using the reverse mullet against Sparta Prague this evening.
Have done pretty well, but for a real defensive cock up. 1 down

After a flaky start he certainly seems to be doing a lot of work very well, from early, quality recruitment through to tying down some of our own quality players despite others sniffing around.

Its the hope that kills you.

After a flaky start he certainly seems to be doing a lot of work very well, from early, quality recruitment through to tying down some of our own quality players despite others sniffing around.

Its the hope that kills you.
A flaky start, due to not having any of his own backroom staff.

A flaky start, due to not having any of his own backroom staff.
I am sure that there were lots of reasons.
It took him a while to find his favoured formation. He discarded McGuane after Bolton away.
It took him a while to get Murphy playing at the top of his game.
Manning taking the backroom staff left us short particularly on the analysis side It seems to me.
There were probably many different reasons Des took a while to settle in.

Back
Top Bottom