Manager/Coach Derry the disruption?

Sarge

God like member
Rumours,many rumours, from a variety of souces abounding about the mood in the dressing room... which evidently aint all that this season so far. Word is Derry and his approach to coaching and mis handling of how he acts towards some players os the cause? ....also it was apparently Derry who forced Canice Carrol out after personality clashes between CC, KR & AD??? Summat sure isn't right behind the scenes at OUFC!!!:eek:

Sorry Sarge prob being slow when listening to last 15 mins.... but who's AD?

I thought that DF had a lot of issues with CC?
Something is wrong. If Derry is the problem KR needs to do something about it.
Ironically if KR does go in a few games time Derry could be a temporary manager...

End of last season defence looked reasonably solid.Derry a defender comes in above presumably Faz and Chrissie our defence falls apart coincidence? I dont think so. Feels very fragmented. Also you would think Mackie has come in through SD connection. Did he not get sacked by Cambridge? Maybe three was company but four is a crowd

End of last season defence looked reasonably solid.Derry a defender comes in above presumably Faz and Chrissie our defence falls apart coincidence? I dont think so. Feels very fragmented. Also you would think Mackie has come in through SD connection. Did he not get sacked by Cambridge? Maybe three was company but four is a crowd
I thought Derry was a Midfielder.

I sat in SSL tonight, near the dug outs and was able to see what was going on in there quite closely. There were times when it was like a ‘mother’s meeting’, with KR, Faz and Derry all huddled together and pointing in different directions, and occasionally Brown would also chip in with some points. Most interesting to me though was the body language of both KR and Derry. To me it looked as though they were equals in there rather than manager and assistant. I just wonder if there’s some confusion with the players about exactly who’s calling the shots, especially if there’s differing view points from the two.

I sat in SSL tonight, near the dug outs and was able to see what was going on in there quite closely. There were times when it was like a ‘mother’s meeting’, with KR, Faz and Derry all huddled together and pointing in different directions, and occasionally Brown would also chip in with some points. Most interesting to me though was the body language of both KR and Derry. To me it looked as though they were equals in there rather than manager and assistant. I just wonder if there’s some confusion with the players about exactly who’s calling the shots, especially if there’s differing view points from the two.
I agree with SD and KR being equals. I also saw this at hampton pre-season. I thought that the time we have two managers. And. I dont think this works. Maybe, just maybe this is the problem?

This is exactly what I have been saying for a couple of weeks now, It strikes me that we have too many chiefs right now, especially in the technical area. what is even more worrying is that SD and KR are bellowing instructions from the technical area about positioning, but surely this should be done on the training field? The players look confused during matches.

That nasty Mr Derry kicking Carroll out. Nothing to do with the fact that Carroll was on the hit list of players to be off loaded in the summer from the start, the fact he had a shocking attitude which was noticed by not just the current group of management staff and that he would of maybe become a first team regular if he had focused on his football a bit more.
As for Derry upsetting a few players with the way he talks to him. Well this just shows how many young inexperienced players we have who maybe are shocked at the real world of football. This isn't a premier league academy now where you get told how amazing you are and how much of a big star you are. This is a level of football where by if a player has to retire early due to injury they aren't set up for life. If you don't pull your weight then you are out of the team because losing a game can cost people their jobs. It's not like academy football where by if you lose but you played well the result doesn't matter.

It sounds like we have a group of players who need to be a bit more honest with themselves and their performances.

I have to ask, was there any need to take Derry on? I'm struggling to see the need. With Faz still there, two's company and all that! Money could have been used on an extra players wage.

Back
Top Bottom