Championship Derby in trouble

It's getting feisty - I assume all they can do is sell assets to get cash in the bank & they`ve turned down a £450k bid for one player.

Milwall bid 450k for Louie Silbley which was their 4th bid and Derby have refused, with the money they owe surely the administrators should have forced the sale especially if their prediction that Derby will run out of money in February.

Milwall bid 450k for Louie Silbley which was their 4th bid and Derby have refused, with the money they owe surely the administrators should have forced the sale especially if their prediction that Derby will run out of money in February.

The Administrators didn't need to force the move, they'll be the ones who turned it down.

Sibley was being linked with millions of pounds moves last season.
The administrators have the right to seek a value they deem acceptable rather than sell everyone on the cheap.

Selling one player for an acceptable value would do a lot more to help their cash flow than a selling a few for pennies.

Last edited:
The Administrators didn't need to force the move, they'll be the ones who turned it down.
Can they afford to though? When a business is struggling financially and they have to raise money didn’t think they could turn down a reasonable offer? Almost 1/2 million is I would have tohouggt a reasonable offer.

Can they afford to though? When a business is struggling financially and they have to raise money didn’t think they could turn down a reasonable offer? Almost 1/2 million is I would have tohouggt a reasonable offer.

My earlier post offers my viewpoint on that:

If they believe they can get more for Sibley then fair enough. If they intend to keep the player until the end of the season then they are taking the pee with their complaints/claims about running out of cash to try to get the Boro/Wycombe situation shutdown by the FL. The survival of the club is far more important than if they stay in the Championship or have a strong squad in L1 next season.

And if the Derby fans complain about other clubs picking over the bones to get players on the cheap, I don't remember complaints from them when they were picking over other clubs' bones for such players.

Sibley was being linked with millions of pounds moves last season.
The administrators have the right to seek a value they deem acceptable rather than sell everyone on the cheap.

Selling one player for an acceptable value would do a lot more to help their cash flow than a selling a few for pennies.
But how long can they hold out for? The administrators can only do so much if the club can’t be sold because eventually the administrators are going to want paying and if they’re footing the wage bill after February for the remainder of the season that’s another unwanted charge Derby are going to want.
If as you say Sibley was linked with millions of pounds moves i suppose his wage bill would be around 40/50k a week. So whoever comes in for Derby as well as the Middlesbrough and Wycombe sage there will be a very hefty bill to be paid to the Administrator’s then there is the hefty bill to be paid to HMRC. So to be honest they’re doomed and if the administrators are turning down bids to hold out for more then more fool them.

Derby cheated FFP, and by doing so cheated their competitors out of potentially millions of pounds through unfair competition

Did derby fundraise for us when we were near extinction

Did the world outpour support for us post Maxwell, or in our fight against kassam

Nah they took the P**s and still do, 3 stands etc etc

Reminds me of Portsmouth giving it the big one when they had redknapp/fa cup etc then expected the world to rally round them when the rules everyone else were playing to hit home

Why should we be disadvantaged and lose big money by playing to the rules when others don’t.

Luton, bury etc etc

By supporting these clubs when they fall over we are offering a safety net for clubs to ignore rules and go s**t or bust, knowing we will prop them back up if they fail to screw us over.

Bet that safety net suddenly disappears when it’s us in the s**t

Derby cheated FFP, and by doing so cheated their competitors out of potentially millions of pounds through unfair competition

Did the world outpour support for us post Maxwell, or in our fight against kassam

Reminds me of Portsmouth giving it the big one when they had redknapp/fa cup etc then expected the world to rally round them when the rules everyone else were playing to hit home

Why should we be disadvantaged and lose big money by playing to the rules when others don’t.

Luton, bury etc etc

By supporting these clubs when they fall over we are offering a safety net for clubs to ignore rules and go s**t or bust, knowing we will prop them back up if they fail to screw us over.

Well said

Luton, bury etc etc

Nail on the head.

And I think that is how the EFL are thinking as well based on the statement from yesterday.

Luton, bury etc etc

spot on

EFL need to keep tighter control on their own FFP rules, and applying them ...instead of by negligence allowing certain club owners to literally take the P**s - until FFP are properly applied and monitored these kind of situations will continue to come to light (often after the event, when rule ignoring club owners have or are in the process of departing- perhaps EFL admin ought to introduce a rule making Owners at the time legally responsible for their actions, there again as it stands EFL cant be trusted to 'police' their own rules and regulations )

Last edited:
Where was he and the very rich ex-Premiership footballers when Bury and Macclesfield went to the wall for the sake of £500k-£1m?

He would of been mental giving money to Burys crook of an owner, could of just burnt it himself.

Where was he and the very rich ex-Premiership footballers when Bury and Macclesfield went to the wall for the sake of £500k-£1m?
correct me if i'm wrong but was a relation not involved at Bury?

correct me if i'm wrong but was a relation not involved at Bury?
His father, the brilliantly named Neville Neville was their Commercial Manager and a Director of the club for years but died in 2015.

Spot the pattern....Bolton Derby Wigan have all sat at the top table whereas the likes of Bury Macclesfield etc appear not to matter, there was also a non league club that i'm ashamed to say i've forgotten the name of who only needed peanuts in real terms to save them but were allowed to just disappear.

Back
Top Bottom