Championship Derby in trouble

Pretty certain that previous clubs have not been able to negotiate HMRC payments down, so derby shouldn't be able to either.
Should have to pay the whole lot, via a fixed repayment schedule over whatever time period they choose, with major penalties if they miss payments.
Should also be a ten point penalty for each season they start while under such an arrangement.

The question has to be how HMRC have allowed it to get to £29m. I know people who HMRC have been banging the door down because they owed a couple of hundred pounds. It may be £29m now, every time they pay the staff and they don't bother to pay the tax before you know it the amount gets to £35m then £40m. They should be forced to make all players redundant immediately to stop the tax debt getting any bigger. I pay my tax next month, I don't suppose they will let me off a few hundred pounds but they will no doubt happily allow a big discount to Derby. Suppose Boris will force them to allow it as it would be spin for levelling up.

Getting interesting now..... people pointing fingers in all directions as the death throes continue!

Getting interesting now..... people pointing fingers in all directions as the death throes continue!

Derby shouldn’t be allowed to get away with money owed to other clubs as I’m sure they would be pursuing it if it was on the other foot.

This but is interesting.

The administrators feel the EFL's present rules are out of date because they do not take into account preferred creditor status.

Just can’t change the rules that will take a very long time.

wycombe fans will likely push him over .... they have a history of doing that ....unpunished too!
If as the Derby fan says Derby could die the Derby fans could always start supporting Burton Albion.

Um...that's a bit like saying if OUFC died, we could all support Wycombe.
Just in response to his open letter a bit tongue in cheek.
Derby have to pay Middlesbrough and Wycombe and if they’re not because of Derby situation then that would pave the way for more legitimate claims in the future being refused.
No one wants a club to go out of business but why should clubs be allowed to get away with it. One alternative if the EFL ruled that Middlesbrough and Wycombe have to cease their claim then surely Derby should be punished further say a tier relegation.

Middlesbrough's claim is a bit ridiculous. The £40m figure seems plucked from thin air.
They missed out on the play-offs by 1 point (from Derby) in the 18/19 season and claim that if Derby hadn't broken FFP during that season, then they would have got in the play-offs. Derby didn't even go up that season, losing in the play-off final to Villa.

Nobody ever took QPR into a legal battle when they broke the financial rules and were actually promoted in 2013/14, ironically beating Derby in the play-off final.

Wycombe perhaps have a slightly more realistic claim in the sense that if Derby hadn't delayed various submissions last season, then their points deduction would have happened for the 20/21 season and therefore would have seen them finish below Wycombe.

Mel Morris is the individual responsible for all these rule breakings etc but he will be able to walk off into the sunset with no issues whilst Derby as a football club are left to scrabble about for the money required to pay said claims at whatever value is agreed by all parties.

Wycombe perhaps have a slightly more realistic claim in the sense that if Derby hadn't delayed various submissions last season, then their points deduction would have happened for the 20/21 season and therefore would have seen them finish below Wycombe.
Well perhaps they should be taking action against the EFL instead then, because they are the governing body and ultimately who let Mel Morris get away with it.

Middlesbrough's claim is a bit ridiculous. The £40m figure seems plucked from thin air.
They missed out on the play-offs by 1 point (from Derby) in the 18/19 season and claim that if Derby hadn't broken FFP during that season, then they would have got in the play-offs. Derby didn't even go up that season, losing in the play-off final to Villa.

Nobody ever took QPR into a legal battle when they broke the financial rules and were actually promoted in 2013/14, ironically beating Derby in the play-off final.

Mel Morris is the individual responsible for all these rule breakings etc but he will be able to walk off into the sunset with no issues whilst Derby as a football club are left to scrabble about for the money required to pay said claims at whatever value is agreed by all parties.

I think Mel Morris will have issues as he has spent something like £200m on Derby iirc.

Latest news from life support....

"However, any resolution achieved cannot ignore or sidestep EFL Regulations or UK law and any solution needs to be found that satisfies the competition regulations and the terms of the EFL’s Insolvency Policy that was set and agreed by all 72 members, including Derby County.

As previously articulated, this a complicated set of circumstances that requires consideration of the EFL’s broader role as the body that oversees 72 member Clubs and not just those Clubs that may be affected at any one time. Any decision taken by the League must be taken on behalf of the interests of all its membership – including Derby County, Middlesbrough, and Wycombe Wanderers - and to ensure the long-term integrity of the League as a collective. "

They are gone............ barring a minor miracle.

Although this made me laugh...............

"Would be brilliant if Sunderland & Peterborough were to turn up at court with a legal case themselves against Wycombe & the EFL for voting to end the season early. The season in which they went up after finishing 8th in L1. Now they feel hard done by after being bottom all year."

:)

Although this made me laugh...............

"Would be brilliant if Sunderland & Peterborough were to turn up at court with a legal case themselves against Wycombe & the EFL for voting to end the season early. The season in which they went up after finishing 8th in L1. Now they feel hard done by after being bottom all year."

:)
And us with a case for cheating in the playoff final - "leave it....."

It's getting feisty - I assume all they can do is sell assets to get cash in the bank & they`ve turned down a £450k bid for one player.

It's getting feisty - I assume all they can do is sell assets to get cash in the bank & they`ve turned down a £450k bid for one player.

If they believe they can get more for Sibley then fair enough. If they intend to keep the player until the end of the season then they are taking the pee with their complaints/claims about running out of cash to try to get the Boro/Wycombe situation shutdown by the FL. The survival of the club is far more important than if they stay in the Championship or have a strong squad in L1 next season.

And if the Derby fans complain about other clubs picking over the bones to get players on the cheap, I don't remember complaints from them when they were picking over other clubs' bones for such players.

Back
Top Bottom