Championship Derby in trouble

Depends how you classify big I suppose, if it’s just on attendances then they are getting up there I suppose but not on success, worldwide fanbase and recognition etc.

I think you probably have to win a trophy in colour to have a shout at being big club myself, not sure you can separate size and success to that degree.

Won’t matter now as they will buy or murder there way to at least a league cup or two and have a stronger claim, might even get themselves a Netflix documentary.
Fair comments.

Appealing .................. not their fault............

Complete and utter bollox but there we go.

Taking the P**s, and using Covid as an excuse. Covid doesn't explain the massive increase in spending that happened prior to the Pandemic.

I hope the Panel feel this is taking the P**s and can increase the points deduction.

Hearing adjourned............

Interesting point from the article.

"In addition to that deduction, the Rams' administrators are talking to the Football League about potential punishments for other financial breaches in future years."

So they know they have been cooking the books for years and are arranging a "deal".

Hearing adjourned............

Interesting point from the article.

"In addition to that deduction, the Rams' administrators are talking to the Football League about potential punishments for other financial breaches in future years."

So they know they have been cooking the books for years and are arranging a "deal".
I would be very disappointed big they overturned the pints deduction as that would give the green light to others who get up to join good.

Further points deduction looking inevitable & they will be down to League 1 - unless they have a miraculous run! I bet Wycombe are fuming as they would have stayed up if this had been sorted earlier.

Must be crushing for the fans, so early in the season, to have no hope at all. My heart goes out to them.

Must be crushing for the fans, so early in the season, to have no hope at all. My heart goes out to them.

100% this.

You get nonsense written about fans getting what they deserve for demanding success.

B*****s to that - all fans want their club to do well, no one should want another team’s fans to suffer the trauma of potentially losing their club.

The less compassionate bit of me wonders if any if their players are worth nabbing in january, mind. They're all de facto league 1 players and being in a league 1 team in freefall and financial disarray vs one on the up and pretty stable makes us a good option. I haven't paid attention enough to tlel if they've someone we'd need (hopefully a full back)

The less compassionate bit of me wonders if any if their players are worth nabbing in january, mind. They're all de facto league 1 players and being in a league 1 team in freefall and financial disarray vs one on the up and pretty stable makes us a good option. I haven't paid attention enough to tlel if they've someone we'd need (hopefully a full back)
Well we did nab at some price Jamie Hanson, so would you want to go back there?

We also picked up Micky Lewis, so swings and roundabouts.
True, but apparently they are close to a takeover s another yank taking advantage no doubt.
I may have the wrong end of this but I read somewhere in the last couple of days that’s Derby are to be given a 21 point deduction but I’ve also read they’ve had their appeal against the points deduction they have adjourned for another date.

True, but apparently they are close to a takeover s another yank taking advantage no doubt.
I may have the wrong end of this but I read somewhere in the last couple of days that’s Derby are to be given a 21 point deduction but I’ve also read they’ve had their appeal against the points deduction they have adjourned for another date.

Iirc, the Derby points appeal is over the automatic 12 point deduction for going into admin. If that is changed I'd expect uproar across the FL clubs as it is an automatic penalty applied to all clubs that have been in the same position recently(ish).

Iirc, the Derby points appeal is over the automatic 12 point deduction for going into admin. If that is changed I'd expect uproar across the FL clubs as it is an automatic penalty applied to all clubs that have been in the same position recently(ish).
I know about the 12 points but I did read sometime in the last couple of days there was going to be a 21 point deduction

Derby have a 12 point deduction (pending appeal which is almost certainly not going to be successful) for going into administration and it is widely rumoured that they will receive a further 9 point deduction for breaching financial fair play rules.

21 in total. Or maybe none......

Derby have a 12 point deduction (pending appeal which is almost certainly not going to be successful) for going into administration and it is widely rumoured that they will receive a further 9 point deduction for breaching financial fair play rules.

21 in total. Or maybe none......
I knew read something about a 21 point deduction but couldn’t work out why, thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom