Championship Derby - Drink driving

Marked Ox

God like member

Captain out for the season and 2 players, Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett charged with drink driving after a crash. Morons springs to mind. And a disaster for Derby.

My grandmother was run over by a drunk driving a steamroller at a steam festival, unfortunately for her she turned downhill which enabled the roller to reach 3mph and gradually overhaul her. Poor woman, if the driver hadn't been drunk he'd have realised she was an old lady in a bear costume and not a real bear, and he'd probably not have fought off the owner of the vehicle while he was trying to apply the brake.

Still, it wasn't such a bad day - grandad put a big bet on the roller just before the hill and won enough to cover the costs of the carpet they used as a coffin and have the front step blacked.

My grandmother was run over by a drunk driving a steamroller at a steam festival, unfortunately for her she turned downhill which enabled the roller to reach 3mph and gradually overhaul her. Poor woman, if the driver hadn't been drunk he'd have realised she was an old lady in a bear costume and not a real bear, and he'd probably not have fought off the owner of the vehicle while he was trying to apply the brake.

Still, it wasn't such a bad day - grandad put a big bet on the roller just before the hill and won enough to cover the costs of the carpet they used as a coffin and have the front step blacked.
Nurse! Where's that pill trolley?

Post of the month right there. Bravo.

Not really....
Obviously drink driving isn't funny and I used to hate getting driven around by my pissed up parents as a kid. It's more to do with Derby having this season's 'banter' club award wrapped up before the end of September.

So Keogh, 33,who wasn`t driving, and suffered a serious knee injury that rules him out for a year was given the choice of a 50% pay cut or termination of his contract (he got the latter). He had played 316 games out of 330 until the crash

The young lads who were driving, and subsequently convicted...................still there....

So Keogh, 33,who wasn`t driving, and suffered a serious knee injury that rules him out for a year was given the choice of a 50% pay cut or termination of his contract (he got the latter). He had played 316 games out of 330 until the crash

The young lads who were driving, and subsequently convicted...................still there....

I hope he wins any legal action, which I'm sure is following.

It is convenient, that the 2 younger players with resale values and fully fit have not been sacked though even when they broke the law and caused his injury. This may well harm Derby's case I reckon and hopefully it does.

I don't have any sympathy for him given he will have known his friends were drink driving.

I don't have any sympathy for him given he will have known his friends were drink driving.

I don't think that anyone has any sympathy for him - I think we're just marveling at the utter hypocrisy of Derby County.

Their statement should really have read - "The club will not tolerate any of its players or staff behaving in a manner which puts themselves, their colleagues, and members of the general public at risk of injury or worse, or which brings the club into disrepute......unless the player happens to be a 25 year-old Welsh international with clear resale value, in which case we'll let him off with a fine and some community service and then never speak of this again

Nothing to do with sympathy its the equality of treatment.
The two youngsters (who were convicted) are still employed by the Club so what about them "bringing disrepute" to the club?

Or is it being used to offload a £24k a week wage bill for a bloke who won`t play for at least 12 months?

Back
Top Bottom