Derby County V OUFC 30/7/22 Anthony Backhouse

Sarge

God like member
Shouldve given their player a 2nd yellow card for gobbling off at the assistant referee following a yellow card

didn't appear to 'clamp down' on timewasting towards the end- what happened to EFL/ FA instruction on that- Nothing
4 from me

Last edited:
A decent first half, lost the plot for 10 minutes in the second but wasn't terrible outside of that. Definitely favoured the home side but only to an extent that you'd expect with 28k home fans on your back, it didn't affect the result of the game too much.

Hourihane maybe lucky to be on the pitch but was never going to be given a red.

Overly fussy at times, some strange decisions but didn’t seem biased either way, apart from maybe he should have sent off the goal scorer. That was a booking all day long, if it was a first offence. 4

Shouldve given their player a 2nd red for gobbling off at the assistant referee following a yellow card

didn't appear to 'clamp down' on timewasting towards the end- what happened to EFL/ FA instruction on that- Nothing
4 from me
Sarge how can a ref give a player a 2nd red 😂😂

All the pull backs by the Derby players in our players going unpunished, yes so a 4 from

Shouldve given their player a 2nd red for gobbling off at the assistant referee following a yellow card

4 from me
Agree with everything you say except at least he did add 7 mins on second half, plenty of refs I’ve seen would have done just 4-5 mins

Gets a 6 for me.
Giving a yellow for playing the ball?
Not taking action when a player, already on a yellow, verbally abuses the lino.
A couple of blatant fouls went unpunished.

If football is serious about cleaning up the whole "respect" thing then players abusing officials needs to be clamped down on. Maybe have zero tolerance on being "gobby" once a player has been carded?

didn't Dean Windass get 3 in a game for Aberdeen (1st after 2nd yellow, 2nd for verbally abusing ref after, 3rd for chucking the corner flag)
found these highlights - unfortunately they are a bit **** - they are showing a replay when the tackle and 1st red card happens (around 2mins45) then miss most of the rest, apart from him throwing the corner flag down. got a 6 match ban for the 22 points accumulated

Back
Top Bottom