Matches Derby County (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, we were not in administration at the time, but we were in financial difficulties, mostly due to trying to build a stadium that our owners didn't have the funds to complete. A certain fat Czech falling off his boat a few years earlier didn't help either. Kassam then entered the fray and proposed a Voluntary CVA, which the creditors agreed to. Small creditors were paid in full, secured and football creditors were paid in full, unsecured creditors got a small % in the £, and this was mostly Taylor Woodrow, the stadium contractors.

We therefore received no points deductions, as although it was an "Insolvency Event" it was not Administration. But what we did get was Kassam ripping the a**e out of the club, buying the Manor for £6m and selling it shortly afterwards for £12m, the profit from which he then used to "complete" the shithole we currently play in, which he owns and charges us £1.25m a year to play in. He also hived off all of the ancillary developments for himself, turning him from a millionaire into a multi millionaire. We were top half of the Championship when he arrived, and his actions took us down to the National League, so yeah we really got off scot free didn't we!

It's been a long (over 20 years) painful journey, and we're still climbing back from it now, so don't talk to me about f*****g leniency pal.
So you still failed to pay creditors in full. And you'd have got a 12 point deduction if the current regs had applied at the time, and kicked out the league for paying ANY creditor less than 25p/£ or 35p/£ over three years. And your social media would have been overflowing with nobheads from other clubs saying "Oxford deserve to die" etc etc. Yes, you suffered enough as a consequence of ownership issues, just like we have, but the football authorities in those days didn't apply points deductions as a mandatory punishment (we can all thank current PL darlings Leicester and Leeds for that little innovation) so no-one was persecuting you or demanding that you be punished ad-infinitum for the crimes of a previous owner. And don't imagine that Derby fans have had an easy ride of it - many of us have friends and family who died not knowing if their club would live on, and so the news that David Clowes had saved the club was very emotional for us. Don't underestimate therefore how emotional Saturday will be for the home fans. If you're coming to the game, come with the right attitude and you'll have a day to remember for the right reasons, whatever the result.

So you still failed to pay creditors in full. And you'd have got a 12 point deduction if the current regs had applied at the time, and kicked out the league for paying ANY creditor less than 25p/£ or 35p/£ over three years. And your social media would have been overflowing with nobheads from other clubs saying "Oxford deserve to die" etc etc. Yes, you suffered enough as a consequence of ownership issues, just like we have, but the football authorities in those days didn't apply points deductions as a mandatory punishment (we can all thank current PL darlings Leicester and Leeds for that little innovation) so no-one was persecuting you or demanding that you be punished ad-infinitum for the crimes of a previous owner. And don't imagine that Derby fans have had an easy ride of it - many of us have friends and family who died not knowing if their club would live on, and so the news that David Clowes had saved the club was very emotional for us. Don't underestimate therefore how emotional Saturday will be for the home fans. If you're coming to the game, come with the right attitude and you'll have a day to remember for the right reasons, whatever the result.
The worst part of the whole Derby situation for me was the vultures of Middlesbrough and Wycombe circling around trying to pick the last remaining meat off the bones. Not sure if the Wycombe thing has been settled yet, but really hope your fans let them know what you think of them when you play. Horrible little club, despite managing to become media darlings with the whole 'little Wycombe' narrative.

But that's by the by. I'm glad Derby have managed to find some sort way forward, following the story over the last 12 months or so it looked really grim for a long time. I've had some very good away days in Derby at the old Baseball Ground - never seen us win though, closest we came was a 2-2 draw including a goal by Mickey Lewis - hopefully we can put that right soon.

I am of course glad that your club survives - I wouldn't wish *anyone's* club to fold.

But 'come with the right attitude'? I think you might get a *bit* of teasing about being in L1, Wayne Rooney etc ;)

The worst part of the whole Derby situation for me was the vultures of Middlesbrough and Wycombe circling around trying to pick the last remaining meat off the bones. Not sure if the Wycombe thing has been settled yet, but really hope your fans let them know what you think of them when you play. Horrible little club, despite managing to become media darlings with the whole 'little Wycombe' narrative.

But that's by the by. I'm glad Derby have managed to find some sort way forward, following the story over the last 12 months or so it looked really grim for a long time. I've had some very good away days in Derby at the old Baseball Ground - never seen us win though, closest we came was a 2-2 draw including a goal by Mickey Lewis - hopefully we can put that right soon.
There will be a lot of trouble when we play Wycombe away i suspect - their chairman is nothing short of an ambulance chaser - although what would you expect as an American Lawyer who made a lot of his money defending class action litigation for medical and pharmaceutical companies.
Gibson had to take out extra security when Derby were visiting last February and refused to sell tickets in the top tier of the riverside (where the directors box is)

Couhig was coy with local journalists saying they were getting a pay out. What people seem to miss is that you can't actually bring claims against a business in administration so Wycombe only ever had 'intent to claim' - completely frivolous at best - all will be shown when the transactional paperwork comes out in the next 6-8 weeks with what everyone has been paid.

It will be a great atmosphere around the city on Saturday - relief and anticipation with an almost party vibe to be expected.
I'm glad we are playing up a club like Oxford who can bring good numbers, hopefully add to the volume, should be a good game and no doubt a test.

What's the right attitude then?

Bow down to the great Derby County, roll over and have our tummies tickled, and let you beat us?

We're coming to win, you patronising, arrogant t**t, and I'll only have a day to remember when we do.

I think we've found the new Sunderland!

No, we were not in administration at the time, but we were in financial difficulties, mostly due to trying to build a stadium that our owners didn't have the funds to complete. A certain fat Czech falling off his boat a few years earlier didn't help either. Kassam then entered the fray and proposed a Voluntary CVA, which the creditors agreed to. Small creditors were paid in full, secured and football creditors were paid in full, unsecured creditors got a small % in the £, and this was mostly Taylor Woodrow, the stadium contractors.

We therefore received no points deductions, as although it was an "Insolvency Event" it was not Administration. But what we did get was Kassam ripping the a**e out of the club, buying the Manor for £6m and selling it shortly afterwards for £12m, the profit from which he then used to "complete" the shithole we currently play in, which he owns and charges us £1.25m a year to play in. He also hived off all of the ancillary developments for himself, turning him from a millionaire into a multi millionaire. We were top half of the Championship when he arrived, and his actions took us down to the National League, so yeah we really got off scot free didn't we!

It's been a long (over 20 years) painful journey, and we're still climbing back from it now, so don't talk to me about f*****g leniency pal.
Well said

Attitude mmmmm????? We're both in league 1& we're coming to win.

Remember on Saturday we must let derby win we don't want to upset them anymore there poor fans have been through enough and having little Oxford turn up and win might just be the final straw ..
Actually f**k that lets go there yellows let turn pride park yellow and blue give them the welcome to league one they deserve

He's not being patronising. He means don't come to the game singing songs about " We're all having a party, when Derby County die" like many away teams fans did last season.

Usual home away fan banter is more than welcome - and expected

BTW, I was school mates & played in the same junior team as a certain goalkeeper called Paul Reece - remember him ?

I couldn't believe how well he played when you beat us at the Baseball Ground back in the nineties ( he was a Forest fan though )

He now lives in New Jersey working as a goalkeeper coach & I stay in contact with him

He's not being patronising. He means don't come to the game singing songs about " We're all having a party, when Derby County die" like many away teams fans did last season.

BTW, I was school mates & played in the same junior team as a certain goalkeeper called Paul Reece - remember him ?

I couldn't believe how well he played when you beat us at the Baseball Ground back in the nineties ( he was a Forest fan though )

He now lives in New Jersey working as a goalkeeper coach & I stay in contact with him
To be honest, I would expect Derby fans to celebrate having a club and not worry about what away fans are singing - assuming it doesn't veer into hate speech etc which is far removed from what we are talking about.

Every club in the football league will be told that their team is s**t, their ground is s**t, their support is s**t and their city is s**t by many groups of away fans every single season. It is meaningless.

I doubt many of us are planning to define our opening game by reference to whatever the hell is going on in the boardroom at Derby.

We are there cuz it's Oxford. And we know exactly what to expect because this is sounding more and more like Portsmouth 2013.

Patronising.

Come with the right attitude on a Division 3 rival’s fans forum and you’ll be made welcome, if not you’ll be rightly called out.

Personally I don't really care about Derby, they've never really been nothing since Clough & Taylor,in the 70s for a couple of seasons. As for the song, I doubt if any Oxford fans know it to be honest.They do now,so what was the point.

A lot of time for derby as a club regardless of the throwaway comment further up.

Decent size club. Decent history. None of the north east “we are great fans” bollox but they turn up in good numbers and make a good atmosphere. I don’t see any of the Sunderland style arrogance. They know they’re s**t and they know they’re lucky to have a club.

Frustrating obviously to see them able to outgun is financially so soon after admin but I think we’ve a very good chance of finishing above them in the league,

It should be a cracking day out for those that can go ( I wish I could) and I’m sure a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

I also think worth recognizing quite a few rams fans have come on here and given lots of helpful advice without any of the Billy big bollox

Plus they hate poxy little wycombe

Last edited:
A lot of time for derby as a club regardless of the throwaway comment further up.

Decent size club. Decent history. None of the north east “we are great fans” bollox but they turn up in good numbers and make a good atmosphere. I don’t see any of the Sunderland style arrogance. They know they’re s**t and they know they’re lucky to have a club.

Frustrating obviously to see them able to outgun is financially so soon after admin but I think we’ve a very good chance of finishing above them in the league,

It should be a cracking day out for those that can go ( I wish I could) and I’m sure a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

I also think worth recognizing quite a few rams fans have come on here and given lots of helpful advice without any of the Billy big bollox

And I think that's been reciprocated in kind @Ricky Otto

But this latest guy firstly came on here to have a pop about us financially, while getting his facts wrong, and then came out with his line about us going to Derby with "the right attitude" It was patronising and I've responded in kind. You know me, I'll call it how it is, always give people a chance, but this guy was aggressive from the off, so you reap what you sow.

FWIW I don't really have ANY view of Derby, they're just another club, but I also won't be told how to behave at another club's ground, when that behaviour includes rolling over and letting it all be about them. What next, us telling them that they can't sing nasty songs about us only having three stands?

And I think that's been reciprocated in kind @Ricky Otto

But this latest guy firstly came on here to have a pop about us financially, while getting his facts wrong, and then came out with his line about us going to Derby with "the right attitude" It was patronising and I've responded in kind. You know me, I'll call it how it is, always give people a chance, but this guy was aggressive from the off, so you reap what you sow.

FWIW I don't really have ANY view of Derby, they're just another club, but I also won't be told how to behave at another club's ground, when that behaviour includes rolling over and letting it all be about them. What next, us telling them that they can't sing nasty songs about us only having three stands?
I always know they’re in for it when you roll out the term ‘pal’, Colin. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom