Deja vu

The mighty Aldo

Remember the really bad days after Wilder when we were just drifting.Rumours that the club were up for sale. Lenegan woulnt talk to the media and we appointed Waddock.One win in twelve with eleven defeats?

Well I hope I'm wrong but I can see this happening again only this time we will be relegated because we don't have enough points

I mentioned this on another thread. This current situation reminds me so much of the Lewis situation. I’m not holding my breath on news of a new Manager anytime soon. Oddschecker also points to this with no movement on the odds for the last 24 hours which indicates that nobody is hearing a murmur. DE seems tied up with other matters overseas and probably hoping Faz will do enough to make us safe this year. Peps sacking appears to have been forced on him with the very real prospect of a dabble with relegation if things were allowed to continue as they were

Yup! On the day Pep was sacked I said the same. Cheap option is to delay an appointment until after the end of Jan.

Only Oxford could mess up the perfect storm, two weeks in which to appoint a manager, and give him time to bring in new players and gel with the squad.
Typical of modern day Eales. Take yourself abroad, when there is so much to sort out at the club.
The club is in a mess and he does another disappearing act.

I say make Grayson an offer he can’t refuse.
He turned down MK Dons already but I’m sure for the right deal he’d come to us.
Proven Manager, fits our MO and without a club. Just the stability we need right now.

I remember those days well, where we resisted temptation to cash in on our two best players whilst also bringing in players from Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea!

The parallels could not be more simular!!

Don’t forget that nasty Mr Eales wants to sell all our best players so he can pocket the money! Did you also know that he won’t reinvest any of the money made in the summer? That means he certainly wouldn’t of paid any fees for the players bought in this month...

I remember those days well, where we resisted temptation to cash in on our two best players whilst also bringing in players from Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea!

What. A couple of here today, gone tomorrow loanees. Terrific.

To be honest the fact we’ve just brought in loans makes me feel more optimistic that things are being done properly and that the manager situation is being addressed professionally and responsibly

Actually they go back in May, not tomorrow. Not much point only loaning a player for a day.

As for the fact they are loans, Roofe, Baldock, Kenny, McAleny were all loans too. They weren’t too bad were they.
I dont see them wearing a yellow shirt just at the moment, do you?

What. A couple of here today, gone tomorrow loanees. Terrific.

What about the couple of highly rated young permanent signings branagan and dickie? Or do they not count as it wasn’t done at the last min ?

There was little hope of it being an inspiring window so I am not too deflated.

As to the signings, the 2 loanees look good, young but enthusiastic, we can hope for good things. Dickie - bench warming? Must be very good! Brannagan - injured in training, about par for us.

Back
Top Bottom