Deja vu

There was little hope of it being an inspiring window so I am not too deflated.

As to the signings, the 2 loanees look good, young but enthusiastic, we can hope for good things. Dickie - bench warming? Must be very good! Brannagan - injured in training, about par for us.
Is Brannagan injured?

Steady mate, don’t start giving your opinion on here or you’ll set wiggy’s Cheshire opinion police off.??

Where have I said about not being allowed an opinion?

Does it upset you when people make counter arguements that go against your view point?

If people want to constantly moan and make unfounded claims then that’s fine but don’t expect people not to reply against the moans.

I am beginning to get the impression that DE took his eye of the ball in the summer and he knows it (maybe this was due to take over talks who knows). the appointment of Pep was a mistake in hindsight but what was worse was the recruitment policy in the summer. DE isn't a daft man and has now made a lot of right moves to fix the problems.

Comparisons to IL and the Waddock fiasco is not fair nor I think accurate. IL just gave up because he knew he was moving on and refused to put another penny into the club more than he had to (to the obvious detriment to the club). DE may or may not be moving on but he hasn't given up on at least maintaining the club as a decent saleable asset at a decent level and fund it properly.

Regarding a new manager now the window is shut there is less time pressure. If Faz can do the job for a bit then even better we buy more time (I am a bit more happy after the transfer window that we at least know where the issues in the squad are, and we have at least tried to address some of them). If things do not work out soon then the pace of recruitment will need to hot up and i think DE will be aware of this.

I hope the next manager will be more established with a proven track record at this level (and plenty of contacts here as well). I would also like to see someone who can work within our recruitment model, as this is one area I think Pep failed in.

I think the next few weeks will be very interesting indeed.

I am beginning to get the impression that DE took his eye of the ball in the summer and he knows it (maybe this was due to take over talks who knows). the appointment of Pep was a mistake in hindsight but what was worse was the recruitment policy in the summer. DE isn't a daft man and has now made a lot of right moves to fix the problems.

Comparisons to IL and the Waddock fiasco is not fair nor I think accurate. IL just gave up because he knew he was moving on and refused to put another penny into the club more than he had to (to the obvious detriment to the club). DE may or may not be moving on but he hasn't given up on at least maintaining the club as a decent saleable asset at a decent level and fund it properly.

Regarding a new manager now the window is shut there is less time pressure. If Faz can do the job for a bit then even better we buy more time (I am a bit more happy after the transfer window that we at least know where the issues in the squad are, and we have at least tried to address some of them). If things do not work out soon then the pace of recruitment will need to hot up and i think DE will be aware of this.

I hope the next manager will be more established with a proven track record at this level (and plenty of contacts here as well). I would also like to see someone who can work within our recruitment model, as this is one area I think Pep failed in.

I think the next few weeks will be very interesting indeed.

Very well articulated and I would agree with all of this.

Where have I said about not being allowed an opinion?

Does it upset you when people make counter arguements that go against your view point?

If people want to constantly moan and make unfounded claims then that’s fine but don’t expect people not to reply against the moans.

It’s when it gets personal and swearing occurs, then people respond in kind, understandingbly.
Respond to the point, even if people consider it moaning. Its simply an opinion.

Still don’t think it matters that some are on loan. England youth sides are top in the world at the min. And we have just signed 5 England players.
912b8d0fa36ea2a968dad0477d6c5751.jpg

Still don’t think it matters that some are on loan. England youth sides are top in the world at the min. And we have just signed 5 England players.
Love it! I also liked it when they added the images of Ledson, Rothwell and Rob Hall as England Youth Players. Still a little gutted that Lego missed the under 21 tournament, how proud would we have been to have a World Cup Winner in the squad!!

Love it! I also liked it when they added the images of Ledson, Rothwell and Rob Hall as England Youth Players. Still a little gutted that Lego missed the under 21 tournament, how proud would we have been to have a World Cup Winner in the squad!!

And Carroll although not England

I wouldn’t read to much into that, it’s pretty obvious pep went because of his preference in signing his own players. Not young on model ones. So not really a surprise he didn’t want to start dickie, especially with the sack looming over him. It’s like saying Ledson was nothing more than a bench warmer when pep kept playing xemi over him. Look how that’s turned out.
Dickie was cup tied v Chelsea so has what missed 2 games?
I reckon he could well start on Saturday.

Dickie was cup tied v Chelsea so has what missed 2 games?
I reckon he could well start on Saturday.

Hope so. Sod protocol bring them all in. At worst we can loose and we've been doing that allot recently. Old/unfit/journeyman - sorry the gravy train has left the station.

Back
Top Bottom