Chairman Death of Robin Herd

Rest in peace, another decent guy associated with Oxford United gone.
As for Kassam his day of judgement will come eventually

RIP. A good man and good owner of the club. Gone but will definitely not be forgotten.

So sorry to hear this news. Robin genuinely loved the club and having known his son I was lucky enough to visit his house a couple of times and meet him in my much younger days. He will be sadly missed by Oxford fans and motor racing fans alike. Our situation may look very different if he had been able to follow through on his plans.

Did Robin sell to Biomass - Keith Cox and Tim Midgley lot? I cant remember my timelines

With my FOUL hat on I remember Robin being talked of very kindly but with the sadness that United stretched himself too far financially.

If I remember correctly, Biomass bought OUFC after Maxwell's "accident". Robin Herd came in later but Keith Cox took charge when Herd stepped back until K****m took over.

Never met Robin but he seemed a really decent chap. Remember him buzzing around at the OXCD launch at Oxford Union (must be mid 90s I guess), assuring folks that we weren't going to sell Matt Elliott (or was it Joey?). Anyway, his enthusiasm for the club was obvious. RIP Robin.
Sh

OXCD, that takes me back. Gonna have to YouTube Dustball, The Bigger The God, Candyskins and Beaker now.

RIP Robin

And may be , how things could have been! Always seemed a good hearted man with a love for the club!

RIP Robin

Back
Top Bottom