Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I think we saw the good and bad of Agyei last night.

Full of running, enthusiasm and was direct but could run down a blind alley or make the wrong choice - Not every time, I hasten to add, but a couple. A positive sub appearance overall.
He was a little greedy as well. He cut inside and shot a couple of times when he could have found a decent pass.
In the past 2 games he has done really well, but shown that he is still very raw.
If he improves under KR half as much as Sykes, Dickie, Baptiste he has the attributes to be quite a player. His decision making needs to improve a lot though.

I think we saw the good and bad of Agyei last night.

Full of running, enthusiasm and was direct but could run down a blind alley or make the wrong choice - Not every time, I hasten to add, but a couple. A positive sub appearance overall.
I didn't really see him running down blind alleys at all. I saw him take on and beat defenders with pace and skill and get himself into positions where he got at least 3 decentish shots away. Not bad at all for the little game time he has had.

He was a little greedy as well. He cut inside and shot a couple of times when he could have found a decent pass.
In the past 2 games he has done really well, but shown that he is still very raw.

You could be talking about plenty of players there.... Browne, Fosu and pretty much any forward, but we wouldnt call them raw because of it, we'd probably say confident.

You could be talking about plenty of players there.... Browne, Fosu and pretty much any forward, but we wouldnt call them raw because of it, we'd probably say confident.

Indeed. The guy is direct, fast, looks to hit the target and scares defences. He is an absolute gem. He could potentially be our Martin Aldridge this season and win games for us off the bench and when given the chance to start.

I’m looking forward to seeing him more and KR may have potentially played a good hand here (even if inadvertently).

What a player to have in your squad who is fresh for the last third of the season. Woof!

He’s definitely raw imo, not the same sort of player as Browne or Fosu in any shape or form.

I didn't really see him running down blind alleys at all. I saw him take on and beat defenders with pace and skill and get himself into positions where he got at least 3 decentish shots away. Not bad at all for the little game time he has had.

It was mostly when he tried to go down the outside rather than cut inside. Minor gripe but I think he'll get better.

Hate to be a dullard but the raw talent of Agyei will learn much from the Mackie`s/Taylor`s of the world. Hence they all have their place....

It will be a proud day when he first dons a bloodied headband.

I disagree. I would never have described Fosu as raw.
In my view Agyei has huge potential but is far 'rawer' than Fosu or Browne.
I would also describe Holland as raw.
Both Holland and Agyei do a lot of good things, but in my view their decision making is not as good as Fosu or Browne as an example

Where has this idea that he's short of money come from? Surely he's on a reasonable wage?
He doesn't have to be short of money to still want more. If KR likes him and if JM has an appearance fee in his contract, KR can do him a favour.

I disagree. I would never have described Fosu as raw.
In my view Agyei has huge potential but is far 'rawer' than Fosu or Browne.
I would also describe Holland as raw.
Both Holland and Agyei do a lot of good things, but in my view their decision making is not as good as Fosu or Browne as an example
The original point I replied to implied that Agyei was raw in his decision making because he chose to shoot rather than pass on a couple of ocassions. I just pointed out plenty of other strikers woukd have chosen the exact same option.

He doesn't have to be short of money to still want more. If KR likes him and if JM has an appearance fee in his contract, KR can do him a favour.

That seems like an unsound reasoning to me. That means KR has his "favourites" and make decisions that could potentially be detrimental to the team and results.

I am quite sceptical when personal favouritism is suggested as the reason for team selection/substitutions that we don't agree with rather than being picked for footballing reasons (whether sound or unsound).

Back
Top Bottom