Matches Deadline day masterclass....

Lincoln.yellow1

We already knew we had the players that could make an impact on the top 6 in this league especially over the last two months however with the 3 signings that have come in on deadline day albeit potentially short term loans with certain options of possibility permanent signings come the end of the loan spells have we just made the ultimate statement that you strengthen when you are on top of your game to really push on at the business end of the season.
The 8 game winning run will obviously come to an end soon however with the player rotation and now with every player position doubled up we now have competition in every department to push on and be a real force in the latter stages of the season.
This late transfer window signings are obviously for the here and now however with the option of turning our existing loans into permanent signings and the 3 joining today we could be looking at success on the pitch and in the boardroom all in one go.
EVERY YELLOW SHOULD BE EXCITED WITH TODAYS NEWS......

Last edited:
Barker and Lee potentially add real quality on top of what is a very good spine of the side with Stevens, Moore, Atkinson Gorrin, Cam and Taylor.
If they do play to their potential, teams playing Oxford will have a lot more to worry about.

They were needed because the run of form coincided with a very soft series of fixtures. We are back to playing the big boys in March.

On paper we have done good business (but I thought that in the Summer so what do I know).

My small concern is what KR does next. His track history is not good here. If he muddles things up and they don't work (just like at the start of nearly each of his seasons here) it will take him an ice age to get things right again. We can't afford another massive blip just like the woeful start to the season, therefore the introduction of changes to the team need to be measured and carefully planned. I hope he gets it right this time (he does do better in Jan and the summer) and we can push on into the play offs at least.

My last thought is just how poor was our summer business given the number of new signings from then that are now not playing for us! We have been very lucky to have had the right players already in the club.

My small concern is what KR does next. His track history is not good here. If he muddles things up and they don't work (just like at the start of nearly each of his seasons here) it will take him an ice age to get things right again. We can't afford another massive blip just like the woeful start to the seseason
I think that it all looks reasonably simple .
Barker will play on the left (Shodipo back up) and Lee will probably come in on the right side.
There is a question as to whether Kelly or Henry plays alongside Cam and Gorrin.
If either if the 2 new players take time to settle then we have a pretty stable side anyway.
McGuane will challenge when he is fit but a nice problem to have.

I can’t wait to watch our new signings slap the Scum about in March

I’m excited more than ever about these signings. I do wonder who will get dropped from a winning team.
I am sure that McNally is one for the future....I reckon Lee will feature amongst our goals.
I am a bit concerned Shodipo might get recalled as he is showing signs of real class. Barker looks to be a great signing. I just hope we can get a couple of these plays in permanently.
There must be doubts about Hall and Hanson staying with us, although of course Hanson is still on a pretty long contract

I’m excited more than ever about these signings. I do wonder who will get dropped from a winning team.
I am sure that McNally is one for the future....I reckon Lee will feature amongst our goals.
I am a bit concerned Shodipo might get recalled as he is showing signs of real class. Barker looks to be a great signing. I just hope we can get a couple of these plays in permanently.
There must be doubts about Hall and Hanson staying with us, although of course Hanson is still on a pretty long contract
Shodipo can't be recalled to the end of the season now.

Generally players won't be dropped as such it's all about rotation and offering competition..no-one else will leave now until summer.

Now we have six players in on loan, does anyone have any info on which we might be able to/are planning to sign permanently in the summer?
Are any of them going to be OOC?

Barker and Lee potentially add real quality on top of what is a very good spine of the side with Stevens, Moore, Atkinson Gorrin, Cam and Taylor.
If they do play to their potential, teams playing Oxford will have a lot more to worry about.

Ummm. You missed a couple. Ruffels? And probably our player of the season.

I think March is going to be the month that either we kick on and make it to the play off or we just miss out because that’s the month where we play mostly team above us this month is a mixed bag so let’s hope our new players get on board quickly interesting times coming up I have a sneaky feeling we are going to do a Barnsley and win the pizza trophy and the play off
COYY

Now we have six players in on loan, does anyone have any info on which we might be able to/are planning to sign permanently in the summer?
Are any of them going to be OOC?

Grayson is ooc in the summer but don't know if Blackburn have an option. The others all have contracts next season I think.

Just my opinion:

- Kelly would be available in the summer but don't know if Feyenoord would want a fee and doubt we could match the full wages he is currently on. Maybe Feyenoord would just want him off their books.
- Elliott Lee I think we have a chance of signing in the summer if it goes well for all parties.
- The others, while I'm sure we would like them, I doubt we'd get permanently as I can see QPR giving Shodipo a go, we couldn't afford Barker's wages and I think McGuane may get a chance at Forest. Of these 3 I reckon McGuane would be the most likely but still only a small chance

Grayson is ooc in the summer but don't know if Blackburn have an option. The others all have contracts next season I think.

Just my opinion:

- Kelly would be available in the summer but don't know if Feyenoord would want a fee and doubt we could match the full wages he is currently on. Maybe Feyenoord would just want him off their books.
- Elliott Lee I think we have a chance of signing in the summer if it goes well for all parties.
- The others, while I'm sure we would like them, I doubt we'd get permanently as I can see QPR giving Shodipo a go, we couldn't afford Barker's wages and I think McGuane may get a chance at Forest. Of these 3 I reckon McGuane would be the most likely but still only a small chance
McGuane is too good I think - we'd only have a chance if we went up, and even then we'd be outbid, I suspect.

Just my opinion:

Thank you - would have been nicer to maybe have two permanent signings rather than just the one, but can't have everything I guess...

...wonder who will be the one to miss out in the matchday squad if everyone is fit?

Back
Top Bottom