David Cudd

Ah, that's sad. I talked to him a couple of times at away matches (I think I bought my 12th Man hat off him (??) and then promptly knocked my coffee all over him!). A nice fella and a valuable contributor to the forum. He'll be missed.

RIP

Rip Cuddy.

A few of us got involved with Cuddy when he did the great work for Tess Sullivan where he instigated the fundraiser through the Priory.

He was so proud of what he achieved and he was so happy when he was one of the guests off Accrington for the return game where we had our pictures with the Sullivan’s and KT.

Sorry for yours and your family’s loss, Tommy.

Had the pleasure of inviting Cuddles to one of my 'wedding receptions' and what a f*cking mistake that was lol. As well as being more bloody silly and louder than me on alternative occasions the wedding gift he got and sourced from LesandDons was an absolute beaut. It was a matching plastic set of cleaning equipment consisting of a light blue dust pan and brush with matching washing up brush. Like him it was a superb show stopper. I think the gift that kept on giving helped me in the long run with the divorce lol.

A great larger than life noisy man and to boot annoyingly funny as well. When in our prime whilst together the goats we probably got on were immeasurable and even before the news that we got today of Cuddy's passing we probably still can't between us apologise enough. For others who also knew him well clickety duck (60) and a huge shout of mitre size five always comes to mind and who of course could forget his association with our magic football club especially during the seventies/eighties they were incalculable.

He sat (on me) at the Kassam for a few years with me till ill health forced him to pick and choose his matches but his big grin when seeing him at Wycombe away was worth its weight in gold thrice. My thoughts to his wife, Tom and family. RIP Cuddy...with plenty of cuddles to come from me when I get to meet you again x

RIP Cuddy
The first to help with the United 4 Charlotte
Travelled to his home to get the initial printing set up and Laminated
Took the Tess Sullivan fundraising on as well
Match days were always better for your
Fridge magnets and 12th man bits and Bob's in the priory marquee
Never forget the jimmy savile and Gary Glitter fridge magnets 😁😗😜
Thoughts with Tommy and Richard

Last edited:
Hi Everyone.

I'm Tommy, Davids son. I want to thank everyone for the kind messages, he wanted everyone to know that he'll miss doing his predictions but does hope his fabled dog does indeed one day make a grand entrance onto the pitch to score the winning goal preferably against Sw*ndon.

Thanks again for making his evenings over the years by indulging in his crazy predictions.
Thoughts are with you and family Tommy

Cuddy far right (in the pic) of the Ox/'stanley flag at home, and far left (in the pic) away at Stanley , along with The Sullivans, including Tess, and a few fellow yellows too- following his (amazing) fundraising for Tess Sullivan during (I think ) the 2010/11 season - home pic is one of Steve Daniels photos

222659_10150163799332616_6652932_n.jpg207550_10150155142153173_7742541_n.jpg

Very sad to hear this news. RIP Dave. I only know you through these boards, but reading the messages above it's obvious there was much more to you than your wonderful sense of humour. Thanks for being an OUFC legend, and for making us smile.

Only just heard this very sad news. A valued contributor to this forum and a true yellow. My heartfelt condolences to friends and family. Heaven has just become that little bit more yellow.

Back
Top Bottom