National News David Cameron's Privileged Pain

Gary Baldi

I'd never heard the term "Privileged Pain" before, but according to the Guardian, this is what Cameron felt when his son died
EEiOHglWsAEIFab.jpg:large

I completely understand and respect different points of view on Austerity and how the economy was managed, but it's a bit much from any newspaper to say something so vicious about someone losing a child, let alone one who had life long disabilities.

Where has the humanity gone in the Guardian, and why was it seen appropriate for an editorial in the first place? Dear oh dear.

Sad that most newspapers have such slanted views. The Guardian isn’t the only one. I stopped buying any of them in the end as they all seemed to peddle their own peculiar version of the truth as they see it.
What is it they say? Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Sad that most newspapers have such slanted views. The Guardian isn’t the only one. I stopped buying any of them in the end as they all seemed to peddle their own peculiar version of the truth as they see it.
What is it they say? Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Most newspapers in reality are views-papers.

TV ‘news’ is going the same way. I can’t watch Channel4 news anymore, yet it used to be my preferred choice.

TV ‘news’ is going the same way. I can’t watch Channel4 news anymore, yet it used to be my preferred choice.

Agreed. ITV is the only news source which comes close to remaining impartial.

Agree. I lament the loss of good journalists and journalism - thankfully Andrew Neil is still hanging on, but the cupboard is pretty bare now. The hit piece from the Guardian was particularly sad because it supposedly holds itself to a higher standard than the "gutter" press.

The Sun stuff is incredibly disrespectful and dishonest. It's the sort of thing that the Stokes' family would have talked about if they wanted to, not splashed across the front pages in such a lurid way