Other European David Badwillie

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogaloo

What are your thought son this? I'm very much of the opinion that once someone has paid their debt to society then they should be allowed to reintegrate into the workplace, which in his case is as a professional footballer. However, there are two key aspects for me which makes me think signing a player like him is very bad.

1. Football is a game loved by women and girls as well as men and boys, and footballers are role-models that are looked up to. And rape is an awful crime, that shouldn't be underestimated.

2. More significantly, he has failed to apologise or show any remorse. Although no criminal charges were brought against him, he lost a civil case and the victim was awarded £100,000 in damages. I understand he claims to be innocent - if you feel that strongly about it, then why not appeal and clear your name like Ched Evans did? Something tells me that deep-down he realises he was damn lucky that he was not banged up for what he did, and he's just keeping schtum in case he further incriminates himself. I certainly wouldn't want him at OUFC.

Sorry didn't realise there was a thread already running on this. I can't see any way of deleting the thread, so Admins can you please lock it/remove it? Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom