Data bits

I think the clue might be in your post.
I thought what was in my post points to Wycombe being more likely to get relegated, not less likely. Please explain if I am being thick.

Wycombe’s last eight results:

Shrewsbury (a) L 1-2
Accrington (h) L 1-3
Sunderland (h) D 1-1
Peterboro (a) L 2-4
Gillingham (h) L 0-1
Barnsley (a) L 1-2
Luton (a) L 0-3
Bradford (h) D 0-0

Next game Oxford U (a)

I thought what was in my post points to Wycombe being more likely to get relegated, not less likely. Please explain if I am being thick.

Am only pulling your leg. The fact that they have two more points than us is presumably why they’re seen as safer - particularly with the number of team below them.

Illustrates neatly the difference between odds and probability. A straightforward interpretation is that it's only likely that 3 teams will go down!

Which could happen if Coventry City cannot give assurances about where it will play its home matches next season!

last night on BBC 2 there was a programme about Data ...had a quick look (to see if @Shosho was the presenter - or contributor) .... it was a ginger-haired female mathematician wittering on about how all data is a maths equation .... learn something everyday its said.... Ive learnt not to tune in to random late evening programmes on BBC2 :oops:

Plymouth & Oxford have the same odds even though Argyle have 2 more points than us!
A Plymouth fan a couple of weeks ago was suggesting that they have a really difficult run over the next few games.
Maybe it is based on quality of opposition and current form rather than assuming that the bottom 4 will go down?

Which could happen if Coventry City cannot give assurances about where it will play its home matches next season!
and/or if Blackpool get a12 pt deduction too... it would add to the mix for sure

I think a key factor in odds calculation is making them attractive to punters, in order to extract the maximum dosh ;)

A Plymouth fan a couple of weeks ago was suggesting that they have a really difficult run over the next few games.
Maybe it is based on quality of opposition and current form rather than assuming that the bottom 4 will go down?

It'll also be majorly affected by how much they took on the various teams to be relegated at the start of the season...its all liability management rather than a true reflection.

We should have scored more, but there has been plenty of talk (again from KR last night) around how solid we are defensively...it may be skewed by results early in the season however we have conceded nearly 8 goals above that which we 'should' have.

Nelson hit the cross bar again last night....just keep putting a few quid on him to score along with being the first goal scorer ;)

Ohhhhhhh. Put nelson to score any time and First goal scorer vs Bradford...forgot against Coventry. Guess everyone else did it though, yeah ?

Ohhhhhhh. Put nelson to score any time and First goal scorer vs Bradford...forgot against Coventry. Guess everyone else did it though, yeah ?
That's one bit of info that the bookmakers aren't very good at spotting in lower league football, a big centre back who goes up for corners and free kicks. Once they do score more than one or two, the odds come down though.

Back
Top Bottom