Data bits

Interesting.
On the radio last night it was suggested that Payne was by far the best player on.the pitch.
But against a lower league team I assume that he played much further forward.
Let's hope that Whyte is fit based on what you have said. If they have problems at left back I would love to see Whyte gping at them.

Interesting.
On the radio last night it was suggested that Payne was by far the best player on.the pitch.
But against a lower league team I assume that he played much further forward.
Let's hope that Whyte is fit based on what you have said. If they have problems at left back I would love to see Whyte gping at them.

Is certainly an angle to look at...I’ve just had a quick glance but the analysts will have video and far in depth stuff than myself. See if any of it plays out on Saturday!

The use of pace on the wings certainly looks to be the way forward

I see you've picked up some of Experimental 361's graphs. That site does similar analysis.

Here’s one for you. Just watched KR’s post-FGR interview and he claimed that:

- Holmes is the most fouled player in L1
- Browne is the most fouled player by minutes played in L1

I wouldn't be surprised but yes it would be Good to have the stats

Which begs the question where do THEY get the data from?

Experimental361 basically scrapes the data from the BBC commentary, then manipulates and creates the visualisations.

impressive stats no barnsley players in there strangely

To quickly review the Bradford match ahead of tomorrow. I wasn't there so have only seen the numbers and highlights.

Firstly, shot map:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 10.44.15.png

Finally we looked to create a fair amount from inside the box...Nelson's chance in the first half being the best opportunity of the match and only one we got o target (white circles=off target/post).

Bradford's shot map highlights the importance of limiting attempts...Bradford didnt have the shot volume to match ours, however the quality was far better.

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 10.46.10.png

I would suggest, having not seen the game that our forward players didn't influence the match enough.

Brannagan looked to be playing deeper, primarily pass to and from Dickie.

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 10.49.19.png

From above there appears to be some decent links from Hanson to Whyte and Ruffels to Browne, only concern being the end product. The attacking duels we had, mainly focussed out wide:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 10.54.25.png

Browne especially taking the game to Bradford, however crossing success looked limited with only 4 of 22 crosses being successful:

Screenshot 2018-11-26 at 10.56.16.png

As highlighted prior, out wide was the Bradford weakness, however it *looks* a combination of Brannagan playing further back, along with a lack of a final ball hindered us. The volume of attempts was still decent, with arguably some slighlty better quality than we have seen in previous matches.

Quickly ahead of tonight.

I don't think we will be seeing a 0-0!

Screenshot 2018-11-27 at 14.19.06.png

Based on quality of chances created this season, Rochdale are 4th. Henderson has scored 11 of the 25 goals, so similar to Gillingham with Eaves. However, 5 of Henderson's goals come from penalties.

You can see above how impotent we are going forward but defensively 8th in the league once again based on quality of chances conceded. If we can double up on Henderson, keeping it tight at the back trying to work the ball into the box we will have a chance as Rochdale condede a lot of chances...conceding 35% of attempts on target!

As an aside, I will be backing Barnsley to beat Sunderland tonight...Barnsley best priced 15/8 at the minute...should have got on earlier! Will also have a nibble on Scunthorpe beating Southend as Southend have some pretty big injury problems.

Short review of Rochdale...

Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 09.59.34.png

OMG we created stuff around the six yard box. We had both volume and quality = victory.

That is all.

As an aside, we are now developing a playing style. As a team we've had the most dribbles/1v1's in the league (mostly Browne/Holmes/Whyte). We've also suffered the most fouls in the league, however we are 5th for total shots taken outside the box...continue down the low cross to 6 yard box/penalty spot as we did vs Rochdale please....

• React
Reactions: MJB
Short review of Rochdale...

View attachment 898

OMG we created stuff around the six yard box. We had both volume and quality = victory.

That is all.

As an aside, we are now developing a playing style. As a team we've had the most dribbles/1v1's in the league (mostly Browne/Holmes/Whyte). We've also suffered the most fouls in the league, however we are 5th for total shots taken outside the box...continue down the low cross to 6 yard box/penalty spot as we did vs Rochdale please....
I assume that we didn't concede much except long shots....

I assume that we didn't concede much except long shots....

Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 12.13.42.png

We gave up too much in the box. The save from Eastwood on 74mins from Henderson (spot 9) was crucial. Rochdale from an attacking perspective are a decent team...we did well to limit them

what do all the different shapes and the numbers in them mean please?
number = sequential list of the chances
diamond = goal?
square = appears in table but not on the pitch diagram?
empty circle = ?
solid circle = ?

what do all the different shapes and the numbers in them mean please?
number = sequential list of the chances
diamond = goal?
square = appears in table but not on the pitch diagram?
empty circle = ?
solid circle = ?

Yep!
Number = chance number
Diamond = goal
Square = blocked shot
Solid circle = on target
Empty circle = off target

Back
Top Bottom