Data bits

• React
Reactions: Ian
Big data analysis here on shots on target / goals scored ratio. Looks like we are in the correct corner of the chart.

Have spoken to this guy quite a lot, he knows his onions and writes great pieces! Our shot data has been great all season, even with Experimental361 expected goals league table we are third. At this point, missing out on play offs would be an underachievement, imo ( without wanting to open up a can of worms!)

read this from a FB post

Interesting analysis on our player recruitment strategy and player sales over the last few years.
Though it does cover a period of change of owners and managers and divisions from Eales Appleton, Clotet (L2, L1) to Tiger / Robinson (L1)

His crosses seem to be sent in from much deeper than Ruffels'

It looks to me like long plays tighter to the Touch line than ruffs thus creating a harder end point situation in terms of having to get his final ball into the box. Ruffs is a bit braver coming away from the touchline and closer to defenders meaning his quality of activity needs to be higher but it’s easier to get in a more telling final ball into the box. It would be fascinating to see overall season stats on who delivered more balls that resulted in goals

I have some time this weekend so will put a little season review thing together - for me, both RB (and possibly LB) need an upgrade...but I guess it depends on what you want from that position

I always wonder how Ruffs would do as a defensive midfielder. He can pass the ball pretty well, his tackling is solid without being reckless and his slight lack of pace against a tricksy winger would become a non-issue...

I always wonder how Ruffs would do as a defensive midfielder. He can pass the ball pretty well, his tackling is solid without being reckless and his slight lack of pace against a tricksy winger would become a non-issue...

He didn’t really excel when playing there before but that was five years ago now so I’m sure he’d be much improved.

He didn’t really excel when playing there before but that was five years ago now so I’m sure he’d be much improved.
Yes, I think that's one of the positions on the pitch where experience and being able to read the game makes a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom