Data bits

Alex Gorrin - and why he is so important (all images from yesterday vs Tranmere - free sources Sofa score and Whoscored)

Cadden is essentially a winger:

0B248342-D22F-4B41-BECA-9EB2A0DF2148.jpeg

This provides an obvious problem with space behind him...as a result, Dickie, the right sided CB has to cover.

Dickie touch map:

1D0FF62C-20A7-475D-B84E-960DAA2F010B.jpeg

Lots in the opposition half (marauding CB yay!) but also plenty in the RB position.

As a result, our shape gets pulled around, leaving (at best) Ruffels and Mousinho/Moore alone in CB...this is where Gorrin is so important - he sits in to the back 4 at times, covering spaces. Gorrin grouch map:

DFE351FA-DB7C-4FBE-81AF-38FCDAB20734.jpeg

A majority of the Gorrin touches in or in front of the back 4. Twin this with Gorrin’s tackling/interception ability and he is crucial to our structure out of possession. He could improve on the ball, although he is tidy enough, however he is alongside one of the best ball playing CMs in the league!

I think Gorrin is critical to how we play, certainly an upgrade on Mousinho and Kashi.

Alex Gorrin - and why he is so important (all images from yesterday vs Tranmere - free sources Sofa score and Whoscored)

View attachment 2166

This provides an obvious problem with space behind him...as a result, Dickie, the right sided CB has to cover.

Dickie touch map:

View attachment 2167

Lots in the opposition half (marauding CB yay!) but also plenty in the RB position.

As a result, our shape gets pulled around, leaving (at best) Ruffels and Mousinho/Moore alone in CB...this is where Gorrin is so important - he sits in to the back 4 at times, covering spaces. Gorrin grouch map:

View attachment 2168

A majority of the Gorrin touches in or in front of the back 4. Twin this with Gorrin’s tackling/interception ability and he is crucial to our structure out of possession. He could improve on the ball, although he is tidy enough, however he is alongside one of the best ball playing CMs in the league!

I think Gorrin is critical to how we play, certainly an upgrade on Mousinho and Kashi.
Good analysis. Gorrin is one if those unsung heroes. he does a lot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed.

KR claimed we are the most fouled side in the division yesterday. Any stats on that?

According to this KR is pretty close.
Bristol Rovers have most fouls against them and then Oxford and Coventry.

Yep second most fouled...equally - we’ve given away the most fouls
Strange how the second part of that was omitted. Would be intrigued to see where those fouls tend to be committed, ie are they mostly when we’re being attacked or is there an awful lot of Jamie Mackie clattering defenders and then pretending he didn’t do anything wrong.

Strange how the second part of that was omitted. Would be intrigued to see where those fouls tend to be committed, ie are they mostly when we’re being attacked or is there an awful lot of Jamie Mackie clattering defenders and then pretending he didn’t do anything wrong.

The latter is correct ?
Mackie - 25 fouls
Brannagan - 14
Gorrin - 13

Another fun one re: Mackie. Has contested 56 headers...has won 10...Mackie is not the man if you are crossing in the air

The latter is correct ?
Mackie - 25 fouls
Brannagan - 14
Gorrin - 13

Another fun one re: Mackie. Has contested 56 headers...has won 10...Mackie is not the man if you are crossing in the air
I may be wrong but 10 probably isn't that bad?
I would think that in the vast majority of cases the CB wins headers in the air?
I would bet that Dickie and Moore win at least 80% of the headers they contest.

The latter is correct ?
Mackie - 25 fouls
Brannagan - 14
Gorrin - 13

Is he the man if you are playing it to feet, I wonder?

• React
Reactions: m
Loads of good stuff, thanks

Yeah. Cadden is not a full-back. He cannot defend at all; even if you nailed his boots to the penalty area*. Yesterday was his day, god-granted to make him look good.

* Particularly if you nailed his boots to the penalty area; and it would slow down his attacking play.

As a result, our shape gets pulled around, leaving (at best) Ruffels and Mousinho/Moore alone in CB...this is where Gorrin is so important - he sits in to the back 4 at times, covering spaces.....................

Gorrin is good, Dickie is good; and that's it defensively. We will always look like conceding big-time against decent, well-coached (they've watched us play once or more) teams because we are light as a dodo's feather in defence.

Gorrin will look worse than he is because of this.

The latter is correct ?
Mackie - 25 fouls
Brannagan - 14
Gorrin - 13

I’m surprised he’s won that many quite honestly. And how many of those went to a fellow team member??

Yoooooo.

Will post in here again at some point - just currently mapping all the shots we’ve taken this season with xG

Orange = goal...larger dot = higher xG

340A437F-0F8D-4BC0-A21C-710B65659CD8.jpeg

Yoooooo.

Will post in here again at some point - just currently mapping all the shots we’ve taken this season with xG

Orange = goal...larger dot = higher xG

View attachment 2199
Looks a little better after Saturday!
I assume that other clubs scoring from difficult chances is declining, whist after Saturday ours have improved? Is it all evening out!

Looks a little better after Saturday!
I assume that other clubs scoring from difficult chances is declining, whist after Saturday ours have improved? Is it all evening out!

Yup think the xG concedes is now around 12 with 15 goals against... I did this before Saturday:

097544EB-A809-4C72-AEAC-497A0A41EE9E.png

Now up to 19 scored off 11ish xG (I think!) so well outperforming on the goals scoring front!

Big Roker report on data from Friday.

obviously focussing on Sunderland, but interesting to see where we are as it covers the whole league.

Big Roker report on data from Friday.

obviously focussing on Sunderland, but interesting to see where we are as it covers the whole league.

This doesn't make good reading for our chances of promotion!

Stop conceding silly goals and keep scoring like we have been of late and no probs. The Yellows are going up

Back
Top Bottom