League One Darren Moore

A tough job that, Wednesday in decline, a big club to turn around. About two years ago when they were around the play offs they proceeded with selling "A 5 year season ticket" with the carrot being premiership football at current prices!

I'm permanently in admiration of Moore after his spell at WBA - really changed things there and got them playing some exciting football (which is madness considering it's West Brom). A rising star.

Good young manager, if he keeps them up it’s a very good move for him. If not it becomes slightly questionable as I think he would have been a target for championship clubs very shortly.

Could be the owner not having the money to spend, so get rid of Moore and bring a mug in.

They could be looking at it in that he’s got Wednesday up by the skin of their teeth - last kick v Posh two minutes past the allotted six injury time minutes, last seconds v Barnsley. There will likely never be a more dramatic promotion and perhaps they felt his luck couldn’t continue. It does seem bizarre and there doesn’t appear to be an obvious answer.

Big surprise that but the owners must have felt there were better alternatives available (excluding Karl Robinson of course) who would do better with the club going forward. Things like this are a bit of a shock at the time but sometimes it pays off in the short term and eventually long run. Moore pulled it out of the bag spectacularly after seemingly blowing it but it could've so easily turned into a catastrophe for the club. If they have money available, they may not trust him to spend it effectively either and the amount they've wasted over the years trying to get into the Prem, they really can't afford to blow any more if they want to remain at least a second tier club for the immediate foreseeable.

I bet Jesse Marsch, Gary O’Neil or similar are incoming. And maybe Moore to Leeds. One of the things I like about us is that we don’t have a big turnover of managers, even if that means we sometimes stick a bit too long.

Back
Top Bottom