League One Darrell Clarke gone

Marked Ox

God like member
Darrell Clarke and assistant manager Marcus Stewart have both left Bristol Rovers.

Rumours that ex-City manager Steve Cotterill is lined up but also rumours of Ian Holloway. The comments I've seen more fans would prefer Paul Hurst and some have suggested they would boycott if Cotterill is appointed.

Holloway writes for the local rag so could be in with a shout. Just what we need, to be playing a team with a new gaffer ?

Holloway writes for the local rag so could be in with a shout. Just what we need, to be playing a team with a new gaffer ?

Apparently Holloway has been highly critical of the owners so that may reduce his chances.

I spent 5 yrs living in Bristol and had a great time. I actually lived a stones throw from the memorial ground and even though I couldn’t bring myself to go and see them play during that time, I do take a bit more of a passing interest in their goings on. They’re a club that’s floundering off the field at the moment. They’re desperate for a new stadium more suited to their needs and a new training ground (any of that sound familiar?) but after some optimism that things might be happening for them it’s all sliding away again. Feel free to pick me up on this in the future but with everything going on, I think they’ll struggle to attract a ‘name’ manager or anyone with real ambition, and can see the season continuing to be a struggle for them.

Problem was lack of investment not the manager. He had them punching above their financial weight. Id have him here in a shot.

Back
Top Bottom