General Dan Harris - Leaving

So are we to believe than KR is some sort of Bond villan who has successfully schemed and operated unseen whilst being employed by and right under the noses of, some of the shrewdest and most successful businessmen that the club has ever seen?
That would depend on our board being squeaky clean too, which as billionaires they're certainly not. All in all would the owners actually be bothered? Because it doesn't really affect them. What been rumoured with New Era is certainly underhand and morally suspect, but it's not entirely outlawed and illegal.

If Robinson is being accused of pushing New Era on players, he's not doing a very good job! We've only got 2 (Cam and Murphy), and maybe a 3rd (Wildschut) on their books and we fell out with Cam's agent due to him pushing the Blackpool move.

Hardly a morally suspect monopoly!!

He’s not being accused of pushing it on the first team squad.

He’s being accused of bringing in New Era youngsters to the youth system sides in favour of local lads from Oxford.

For example; Joshua Anifowose would be signed up and play games over a player because of his links to New Era. (Rio Ferdinands agency)

Believe Danny Gabbidon also works for New Era. If you’ve listened to the Moment of Truth podcast, you’ll know there’s a link there.

Of course there are links, most managers will have links with several agents, and will have better working relationships with some more than others. None of that is new.

The accusation you have made and others have alluded to is that Robinson has direct involvement in who signs, plays for and processes from the youth system, and this the reason why Dan Harris has left. That's a huge leap.

I’ve not that made that accusation Egg. That’s what’s being said by others. Just passing their message along.

Personally I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I just don’t think our academy is anything special. If people want more players to come through, then we will have to go up categories & invest major money in to it.
Clearly a lot ( and it seems increasing amount year on year) of investment is bring made and I guess that the Board are asking whether they are getting value for the investment?

I closely follow another EFL team, where there were suggestions over a couple of seasons that because the manager was signed to a particular agency, he was being encouraged to only sign new players on permanent and loan contracts from the same agency.

The facts spoke for themselves - repeated new players all represented by the same agency being signed, and mostly not up to the standard and the team suffered as a result.

The inference by others (not me) was that the manager was getting some sort of financial kick-back or bonus for every player he signed who was represented by that agency.

I suppose the question is why would any manager need an agent? Presumably their agent plays a part in discussing new or extended contracts or touting their name around if they fancy moving clubs, in the same way players need an agent. But I do think there needs to be some transparency where any manager might receive an incentive if they sign players from specific named agencies. In any case where a manager has an agent, at the very least the club chairman and secretary should know about the link.

I closely follow another EFL team, where there were suggestions over a couple of seasons that because the manager was signed to a particular agency, he was being encouraged to only sign new players on permanent and loan contracts from the same agency.

The facts spoke for themselves - repeated new players all represented by the same agency being signed, and mostly not up to the standard and the team suffered as a result.

The inference by others (not me) was that the manager was getting some sort of financial kick-back or bonus for every player he signed who was represented by that agency.

I suppose the question is why would any manager need an agent? Presumably their agent plays a part in discussing new or extended contracts or touting their name around if they fancy moving clubs, in the same way players need an agent. But I do think there needs to be some transparency where any manager might receive an incentive if they sign players from specific named agencies. In any case where a manager has an agent, at the very least the club chairman and secretary should know about the link.
However very few of our signings have not been up to standard. The question mark is more around signing injured players.

Any profit Karl would make from this sort of fiddle would be absolutely dwarfed by the rewards for success.

If they really wanted value through youth then they’d bin the youth sides off & create an Oxford B.

Brentford have done it the right way if they want to run an ‘academy’ off profits.

Most clubs run their youth team at a loss with the dream of creating ‘one of their own’ every now & then.

Think Brentford have are just about to or have re restarted their Academy programme

If they really wanted value through youth then they’d bin the youth sides off & create an Oxford B.

Brentford have done it the right way if they want to run an ‘academy’ off profits.

Most clubs run their youth team at a loss with the dream of creating ‘one of their own’ every now & then.
That is pretty cynical ( like Brentfords model although I thought that they are getting back their Academy).
So you are advocating getting rid of the whole youth set up?
I appreciate that Reading spend more on their Academy but their 'cast offs'- Baptiste, Dickie weren't too shabby ( plus Swift, the full back who went to Bayern)
With Tiger at Reading at the time, I assume that he has been trying towards having some of their success. The current Oxford Board have said that the plan is to develop players for the first team and to sell.

I’ve not that made that accusation Egg. That’s what’s being said by others. Just passing their message along.

Personally I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I just don’t think our academy is anything special. If people want more players to come through, then we will have to go up categories & invest major money in to it.

What's the difference between making an allegation and 'just passing it on'?

Think Brentford have are just about to or have re restarted their Academy programme
I read that the EPL brought in a rule saying every team has to have an Academy. Can't remember the details.

If contacts are being used to bring quality players with great potential into our youth system, I'm not sure I see a problem. If it's being alleged that someone is being incentivised for doing so, that's a very serious accusation.

Some of these accusations against Robbo are starting to get a little libelous, people need to be careful of what they're saying.

I would seriously be careful what people are saying on here.

A forum doesn't allow you to make unfounded allegations and whether you think it's freedom of speech or not, there are some things you shouldn't put in writing on the internet. Mark and the admin could be liable too.

A forum doesn't allow you to make unfounded allegations and whether you think it's freedom of speech or not, there are some things you shouldn't put in writing on the internet. Mark and the admin could be liable too.
I did actually raise this with the mods but they didn’t seem to take action

If Karl wants to bring a legal challenge my way, then I welcome it. What an advert it'd be for the forum! But seriously though, looking back at what I've posted, I stand by what I've said.

Club have just put the job vacancy up on their site:

I'm surprised that we haven't filled this already. Seems like the sort of thing where we'd have candidates in mind from other clubs, not just putting it up on our site for anyone to chuck their hat in.

Back
Top Bottom