Ex Player Dan Agyei

OxfordNondie

Might have well prefixed with EX PLAYER

So KR has decided - Agyei is history and will now rot away until sold / released in the summer

No pads on and that missed goal, the final nail in the coffin

However whilst I also feel his time is up - just not good enough if we are to progress - KR's obsession / old boys favour of keeping Hall in the match day squad has compromised our ability to turn round matches. Tranmere / Ipswich 2 classic examples.

Difficult to offer any other logical reason why.

Where has it been said he's off?

Shame as i was hoping it would work out for Dan

Another thread on Dan Agyei...honestly!

On the subject itself, KR said pre-match on Saturday that a loan in January might have been the better option, including financially, but with the volume of games coming up and the support of the board in terms of finances he has been allowed to keep Dan at OUFC. If that means being selfish for the club then that's what he has to do.

Well well well.

Ends up at centre forward totally by mistake after being shunted into the left wing role that everybody knows he can’t play, because Winnall breaks down yet again, and almost single handedly changes the game and gets us a point.

I suppose that’s just good management, yeah?

Cheerio!

C32AED76-0CA3-40E6-9C49-406A6CDCADA1.jpeg

Well well well.

Ends up at centre forward totally by mistake after being shunted into the left wing role that everybody knows he can’t play, because Winnall breaks down yet again, and almost single handedly changes the game and gets us a point.

I suppose that’s just good management, yeah?

Cheerio!

View attachment 5720
Spot on, we've been saying it for ages, give Dan the opportunity to show what he can do. Don't throw him under the bus for one mistake when all around him others are doing the same.

Spot on, we've been saying it for ages, give Dan the opportunity to show what he can do. Don't throw him under the bus for one mistake when all around him others are doing the same.
He needs to believe in what he can do and if his decision making has improved then it's all good.

One other thing I’d like to see from Agyei. Don’t be satisfied because you’ve managed to do it once.

Against Rochdale, he missed a chance and soon made amends. He spent the rest of the game operating on 60%. Against Pompey, he won the penalty but didn’t do a lot else.

Don’t be afraid of wanting more. Grabbing one goal is good. Busting a gut to get a second is even better.

It’s again another issue of consistency that surrounds Agyei. Show you want more and he’ll soar.

Against Rochdale he was unplayable for 20 mins and scored a great goal, from right wing.
Against Pompey he won the penalty and caused there defence no end of trouble mainly battling on his own.
Not sure he could have done too much more in those two games tbh

It’s weird how, after the string of incompetent and anonymous centre forward performances we’ve seen from both Winnall and Taylor recently, we’re now saying that Dan Agyei’s decent performance against Portsmouth away was bad! He was a hell of a lot better than any striker has managed for us recently.

One other thing I’d like to see from Agyei. Don’t be satisfied because you’ve managed to do it once.

Against Rochdale, he missed a chance and soon made amends. He spent the rest of the game operating on 60%. Against Pompey, he won the penalty but didn’t do a lot else.

Don’t be afraid of wanting more. Grabbing one goal is good. Busting a gut to get a second is even better.

It’s again another issue of consistency that surrounds Agyei. Show you want more and he’ll soar.
That’s interesting and makes it sound like a confidence thing. If you’re basically afraid of failure, once you’ve done enough not be judged a failure you’ll subconsciously relax and not try quite as hard.

I haven't chimed in on any of these threads re: Dan Agyei (not that anyone has asked obviously) but he's a really good football player and we're lucky to have him. He's a massive talent and is hgely destructive when on his game at this level. If he was consistent he'd be miles out of our league, I believe that wholeheartedly. He's an amazing option off the bench at the very least.

Keep going Dan!

Ryan you naughty boy!!!!!

Can’t wait for Robbo to claim it’s all down to good man management !

I've said this on the match day thread, but I'll say it again here.

Agyei was terrific today, and should start midweek.

He's strong and quick, causes defenders no end of issues and you can see they hate playing against him. Two great headers as well today (one that forced a good save, and t'other for the goal).

But I still don't believe that he's ever going to be a prolific goalscorer. He lacks the instincts and the confidence in front of goal. His other chance today was Exhibit X. He's more likely to score a twenty-five yard screamer than he is a three yard tap-in. I reckon 10-15 a season is his absolute ceiling.

Doesn't mean he's not got a lot to offer - but he's not going to save us on his own. If he's going to play as a loan striker (and I don't see KR ripping things up and playing him alongside Taylor in a two, even though I really think that could work), then the likes of Lee, Henry and Barker are going to have to up their game playing off him if we're going to score enough to reach the playoffs this year.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom