Ex Player Dan Agyei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought they said with him being booked he couldn’t start next weeks game which I would prefer I maybe wrong just saying
Did not hear it, but I think he's banned for the next league game and can play in the cup and the tin pot on Tuesday week

Last edited:
I hope Agyei proves himself a worthy addition to the first team squad .... that said, he is going to need to do a bit extra in training and in occasional U23 matches to progress up the pecking order.

our recruitment team have in the main got it right with players that have joined us this season and from Jan last season.... hope the lad can show some of what attracted OUFC to bring him here in training etc and forces his way into the matchday squad

either that, or gets moved out in Jan to make way for a player/ striker who can do that!

I hope Agyei proves himself a worthy addition to the first team squad .... that said, he is going to need to do a bit extra in training and in occasional U23 matches to progress up the pecking order.

our recruitment team have in the main got it right with players that have joined us this season and from Jan last season.... hope the lad can show some of what attracted OUFC to bring him here in training etc and forces his way into the matchday squad

either that, or gets moved out in Jan to make way for a player/ striker who can do that!
Agyei needs to play from the off in both these games

I've not seen him play live.
Who has?
And is he really so far off the pace?
He had a few decent loan spells in L1, so it just seems odd that he appears to be nowhere near to the first team....

Rad Ox were trying desperately not to be too down on his performance last night, but they weren't impressed.

Looked ok but didn't stand out, did win two penalties which (probably!) would have been two goals for him if not for the handball/foul

Probably just needs a goal. Most strikers kick on after they get the 1st goal. Also, he has hardly had many games for the 1st team and they have been sporadic at best so hardly had any chance to get some fluency into his game. Would we object if he got us 2 penalties or got in those positions every game (the 1st penalty certainly looked like his shot was going in)? Matty Taylor can disappear for chunks of games but then pops up with a chance and he gets praise for this. I appreciate Matty Taylor has done it before etc but then he is at his peak whereas Agyei is still a player learning the game in comparison.

I'm happy to give Agyei time as based on his positioning for the penalties and how he played against Wimbledon u23s with the threat he caused with balls over the top due to his pace. Agyei provides us something different to Mackie and Taylor from the limited amount I've seen.

Probably just needs a goal. Most strikers kick on after they get the 1st goal. Also, he has hardly had many games for the 1st team and they have been sporadic at best so hardly had any chance to get some fluency into his game. Would we object if he got us 2 penalties or got in those positions every game (the 1st penalty certainly looked like his shot was going in)? Matty Taylor can disappear for chunks of games but then pops up with a chance and he gets praise for this. I appreciate Matty Taylor has done it before etc but then he is at his peak whereas Agyei is still a player learning the game in comparison.

I'm happy to give Agyei time as based on his positioning for the penalties and how he played against Wimbledon u23s with the threat he caused with balls over the top due to his pace. Agyei provides us something different to Mackie and Taylor from the limited amount I've seen.

It would have been nice if he had been given the last pen last night. Chance to get a goal and get his confidence up.

It would have been nice if he had been given the last pen last night. Chance to get a goal and get his confidence up.
Think KR made the right call in the pen, if Dan had missed it it was saved the negative would have been worse IMO. Just sorry for him re the handball as it was in its sorted way in and that would have moved him on significantly.

When we went two up on a Sunday, then would have been an ideal time to bring him on. Not when there are two m8nutes left.
robbo did this in the Rochdale game 3-0 up at 75/mins and he gives him 2 mins plus stoppage.
give him a go.

When we went two up on a Sunday, then would have been an ideal time to bring him on. Not when there are two m8nutes left.
robbo did this in the Rochdale game 3-0 up at 75/mins and he gives him 2 mins plus stoppage.
give him a go.
You Grumpy git. Oh hang on ...

give him a go.
Well he certainly has game time yesterday.

Confidence is everything with strikers. He took his goal well, which should give him some. If we had another striker who we could bring off the bench with a reasonable expectation that he would cause the opposition problems, that would give us yet another boost.

Confidence is everything with strikers. He took his goal well, which should give him some. If we had another striker who we could bring off the bench with a reasonable expectation that he would cause the opposition problems, that would give us yet another boost.

He is something different to the other strikers with real pace and a confident Agyei would add a new angle to the squad. What a lovely dilemma that would be for KR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom