Ex Player Dan Agyei

Status
Not open for further replies.
I questioned whether there was something else going on other than fitness and got shouted down by a few. However, I do wonder whether despite going all out to get him in, whether having seen him train the management are not convinced by him. I mean not even to start the previous leasing match means he must be quite down the pecking order.

I questioned whether there was something else going on other than fitness and got shouted down by a few. However, I do wonder whether despite going all out to get him in, whether having seen him train the management are not convinced by him. I mean not even to start the previous leasing match means he must be quite down the pecking order.
I did think the same

When he came on as sub for 2 mins he did win a defensive header, looked a good size and had a bit of pace...he has all the makings of a good centre forward..could be a real asset in the new year

Hadn't he picked up a knock in training before the Portsmouth leasing.com game?

He arrived unfit after missing pre-season and didn't really gain any level of match fitness until mid September by which time we had Matt Taylor back fit and Mackie looking in great form (if not scoring). Since then we've been scoring for fun, and with only one up front it makes sense to rotate Taylor and Mackie so Ageyi hasn't been needed. There was an option to bring him on today, but Robinson looked to go one up but to get a greater hold in the middle. That worked well and contributed to us getting the equaliser.

Ageyi is likely to play in the next 2 games, and will have a chance to stake a claim then. But as difficult as it is to believe, there really isn't anything happening behind the scenes to support your concerns.

Hadn't he picked up a knock in training before the Portsmouth leasing.com game?

He arrived unfit after missing pre-season and didn't really gain any level of match fitness until mid September by which time we had Matt Taylor back fit and Mackie looking in great form (if not scoring). Since then we've been scoring for fun, and with only one up front it makes sense to rotate Taylor and Mackie so Ageyi hasn't been needed. There was an option to bring him on today, but Robinson looked to go one up but to get a greater hold in the middle. That worked well and contributed to us getting the equaliser.

Ageyi is likely to play in the next 2 games, and will have a chance to stake a claim then. But as difficult as it is to believe, there really isn't anything happening behind the scenes to support your concerns.
I seem to remember Robinson saying after the Pompey game he had been knocking on his door and essentially wasn't happy about not starting, not that he had a knock. Maybe you are right. We have been on a good run of form and clearly at the present time from what Robinson has seen in training etc so far he does not feel Ageyi is at a place or current ability level he can impact important games or start above others. Hopefully he will get a chance in the next couple of games as you say.

I seem to remember Robinson saying after the Pompey game he had been knocking on his door and essentially wasn't happy about not starting, not that he had a knock. Maybe you are right. We have been on a good run of form and clearly at the present time from what Robinson has seen in training etc so far he does not feel Ageyi is at a place or current ability level he can impact important games or start above others. Hopefully he will get a chance in the next couple of games as you say.

I'd be amazed if he was yet in a position to oust Taylor or Mackie, but maybe he can look to adapt his game to find a way into the side. Sykes hasn't nailed down a starting position by any means, and as good as Forde is, he doesn't offer the pace or trickery we get from Fosu. Ageyi could look at either playing wider or look to take chances in the coming games as a quick and direct striker. I certainly see that he has a role in this side, but think it's a good sign that we've not really needed him yet.

I'd be amazed if he was yet in a position to oust Taylor or Mackie, but maybe he can look to adapt his game to find a way into the side. Sykes hasn't nailed down a starting position by any means, and as good as Forde is, he doesn't offer the pace or trickery we get from Fosu. Ageyi could look at either playing wider or look to take chances in the coming games as a quick and direct striker. I certainly see that he has a role in this side, but think it's a good sign that we've not really needed him yet.

Fosu and Henry have 8 goals apiece playing primarily from the wing. From the highlight reels I saw when he signed, even when playing as a striker, he did like breaking from the right hand side.

Even if he isn't impressing in training (and there's been no confirmation of that), the fanbase would love to see him let loose against the next couple of opponents.

Curious to see if Zamouri comes out of hiding as well...

Fosu and Henry have 8 goals apiece playing primarily from the wing. From the highlight reels I saw when he signed, even when playing as a striker, he did like breaking from the right hand side.

Even if he isn't impressing in training (and there's been no confirmation of that), the fanbase would love to see him let loose against the next couple of opponents.

Zamouri definitely exists, he signed my daughters programme on Tuesday night but he'd only moved away 2 feet before she loudly said "who's that? Is he a real footballer??"

I could only answer the first question!!

Zamouri definitely exists, he signed my daughters programme on Tuesday night but he'd only moved away 2 feet before she loudly said "who's that? Is he a real footballer??"

I could only answer the first question!!

Based on the only performance I've seen him play for the u23s, he won't be troubling the 1st team. Hopefully for him, I'm wrong.

Mackie now suspended for the next league game, so after the next two games where I expect DA to play I think he'll get some league minutes soon

From what I’ve seen, Zamouri won’t be getting anywhere near the first team. KR didn’t appear to be a fan either.

Weird - he had decent seasons in Holland

Don’t the suspensions roll over to the fa cup?
No, this season suspensions occur in the competition you got the cards. So (for example) get five yellows in the league, you are out for the next league game, get two yellows in the League Cup you are out in the next league cup tie, get four yellows in the league and one in the league cup and you aren't suspended for either.
Probably.
So Mackie can play in the upcoming FA Cup and Doesn't Matter Cup games.

No, this season suspensions occur in the competition you got the cards. So (for example) get five yellows in the league, you are out for the next league game, get two yellows in the League Cup you are out in the next league cup tie, get four yellows in the league and one in the league cup and you aren't suspended for either.
Probably.
So Mackie can play in the upcoming FA Cup and Doesn't Matter Cup games.
Not according to Radox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom