Ex Player Dan Agyei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I've not seen, but is there any reason Agyei has barely featured yet? I wasn't under the impression he was really lacking in match fitness when he signed. Tomorrow seems like an excellent match in which to be introduced I would have thought, could probably nab himself a goal against a makeshift defence to get off on the right foot.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I've not seen, but is there any reason Agyei has barely featured yet? I wasn't under the impression he was really lacking in match fitness when he signed. Tomorrow seems like an excellent match in which to be introduced I would have thought, could probably nab himself a goal against a makeshift defence to get off on the right foot.
He arrived fit but without a preseason so he has been working closely with strength/conditioning team to help get him match fit. He played against Norwich u23's and will probably find himself in the bench more in the coming weeks. I agree that tomorrow should hopefully be an opportunity to put the game to bed by the hour mark and give others a run out.

Didn’t I see something on the official site somewhere about him being one of the players using the free week to recover from knocks/minor injuries? If he’s not injured it will be very strange if we don’t see him feature at some point tomorrow night.

Didn’t I see something on the official site somewhere about him being one of the players using the free week to recover from knocks/minor injuries? If he’s not injured it will be very strange if we don’t see him feature at some point tomorrow night.
I'm not sure it will be "very strange". We've got Taylor coming back from injury who should be the priority for game time, with Mackie as back up. We could go with 2 up front, but changing the system for Bolton could bite us on the a**e. So it's likely that we'll stick with Fosu on the left, Henry on the right and Woodburn in the middle, so Ageyi isn't going to change that.

So whilst I'd like him to get a run out from the bench, it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if he doesn't play.

I'm not sure it will be "very strange". We've got Taylor coming back from injury who should be the priority for game time, with Mackie as back up. We could go with 2 up front, but changing the system for Bolton could bite us on the a**e. So it's likely that we'll stick with Fosu on the left, Henry on the right and Woodburn in the middle, so Ageyi isn't going to change that.

So whilst I'd like him to get a run out from the bench, it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if he doesn't play.

Agyei can play out wide though can’t he? So you wouldn’t think it’s at all strange that Agyei would play 66 mins on 3rd September, play well, and then be fully fit yet not play a single minute for the next 17 days and 3 whole games...? That seems odd to me.

Agyei can play out wide though can’t he? So you wouldn’t think it’s at all strange that Agyei would play 66 mins on 3rd September, play well, and then be fully fit yet not play a single minute for the next 17 days and 3 whole games...? That seems odd to me.

Very different games. His league opportunities were always going to be limited initially. His time will come.

He did actually injure himself at half time on Saturday, he slipped then hobbled slowly off the pitch so not sure if it’s anything serious or not.

It would be extraordinary if we could sign a player with absolutely no fitness problems, no “persistent niggles”, no history of injury issues, had actually completed a full pre-season and was ready to play for us.

It would be extraordinary if we could sign a player with absolutely no fitness problems, no “persistent niggles”, no history of injury issues, had actually completed a full pre-season and was ready to play for us.
Cadden until Christnas and Gorrin?

He did actually injure himself at half time on Saturday, he slipped then hobbled slowly off the pitch so not sure if it’s anything serious or not.

Yeah that makes more sense, as I said I think I saw something about him having a knock. I personally think if he was fit we’d have seen him again already, there’s no point getting someone match fit and then never playing any games. Hopefully he can shake it off and feature again soon.

John Aldridge, and he's 61.

We couldn't afford him then..

He did play ? I was right ☺️

He did play ? I was right ☺
I think we can agree that there was nothing right about the Bolton game!

Randomly I bumped into Dan in Tesco on Wednesday! He said that he is still working on his fitness and getting sharper. He promised that goals will come!!

Every little helps I guess!!! ??

I think we can agree that there was nothing right about the Bolton game!

Randomly I bumped into Dan in Tesco on Wednesday! He said that he is still working on his fitness and getting sharper. He promised that goals will come!!

Every little helps I guess!!! ??
Was Yemi with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom