CWC19: Pakistan v West Indies

SteMerritt

Staff member
Trent Bridge.

Who would want to call this one! The 2 most inconsistent teams in cricket, both on their day can beat anyone. Hopefully the weather won't get in the way.

I'll go narrow win for West Indies.

From.this position WI should win easily (Pakistan are 75 for 5)
Russell has bowled very well. I am a little surprised that the WIs have got away with so many short balls (a few could have been called wides)

Anyone watching the game? Is the ball doing much? Cloud cover at Trent Bridge normally means the ball swinging round corners...

I was thinking that WI might be good on the batting front - not that Pakistan would be so awful.

Certainly not the game I was expecting!

Wow. 84-9. I know Pakistan are really hot and cold, but that is some collapse. 5 wickets for 8 runs.
blimey if the Windies are on form my decision to watch them play Bangladesh (at Taunton) as my token live Cricket world cup match to watch is turning out to be a good call (so far)

Anyone watching the game? Is the ball doing much? Cloud cover at Trent Bridge normally means the ball swinging round corners...
From what I have seen, PAK have batted dreadfully and brainlessly. They needed to bat time, but instead thought they could biff it a bit and all would be ok. And WI just bounced them out of it. To get a score that low at Trent Bridge is criminal

Easy-peasy, shot of the day from Pooran* - the flashing blade. Amir bowled pretty well.

Edit - a square cut at the start of his innings, not the swipe for 6 to win the match.

Back
Top Bottom