CWC19: England V Australia

good first 10 overs for England ... lets have more of that England ... superb fast & aggressive bowling .... and restricted the Convicts in their power-play too ... 27-3

Interesting that Stokes came on as third seamer.
Wood coming on now as well.
No let up for the Aussies hopefully.

Worrying how the Aussies are starting to build a partnership now. Only good thing is, apart from one poor Stokes over, they are still scoring pretty slowly. Obviously they could put their foot down later and we need wickets, but it could be vital seeing lots of overs go past for 2s and 3s when we come to chase

attack, attack, attack , attack attack .... another wicket or two would be hand about now ... 47-3 after 15 overs

Attack is key as @Sarge says. Letting them in and they get comfortable. Who knows what the pitch and conditions will be like later so keep being aggressive and getting at the Aussies.

Smith and Carey playing well. Smith has maturely assessed what it’s needed.

Worrying how the Aussies are starting to build a partnership now. Only good thing is, apart from one poor Stokes over, they are still scoring pretty slowly. Obviously they could put their foot down later and we need wickets, but it could be vital seeing lots of overs go past for 2s and 3s when we come to chase
Poor Stokes over and a poor Plunkett over.
Morgan wont want to bring on Rachid until Carey is out I suspect.
Wood is bowling well after his poor first over.
Smith us looking a little ominous.

dont like the way Sandpaper n Carey are settling in ... c'mon England keep the pressure on

It's the English way, Aussies will probably go on to get 300+ even with the bad start....

78-3 after 20 overs ... gotta be time to take a wicket or 3 England?

The commentators reckon 230-250 would be a decent score and (especially after that start) I agree.

I'd like us to be chasing a little less than that TBH - maybe 200-210? But we will need to take a couple of wickets pronto to make that more likely. If these two stay in, they will accelerate.

The commentators reckon 230-250 would be a decent score and (especially after that start) I agree.

I'd like us to be chasing a little less than that TBH - maybe 200-210? But we will need to take a couple of wickets pronto to make that more likely. If these two stay in, they will accelerate.

Even after their disastrous start yesterday India still made 220+ in their futile chase. It would have taken something very special to have the Aussies all out for 100. Smith, Carey, Maxwell and Stoinis are all capable of enough to add something to the scoreboard. They have the players to rebuild.

A few loose deliveries shouldn’t deter England too much. They’ll happen. Keeping the dots is just as good as wickets. Non score deliveries get batsmen tetchy.

The softer ball has meant that we have not looked like taking a wicket in the past 10 overs.
Rachid is being milked easily for 6+ an over. The ball doesn't appear to be spinning (hopefully it wont for Lyon)

halfway point (unless England can skittle a few out & finish em off early) 103-3 after 25 overs

Rachid looks completely innocuous. It's just slow bowling as opposed to spin bowling!

Back
Top Bottom