CWC 19 West Indies V New Zealand

two decent overs for NZ ... 250-4 ... though an unlucky 'catch' on the boundary resulted in six instead of a wicket

4 overs to go

Williamson gone for 148

NZ 253 -5 ...3 overs left

Cottrell had a cracking day in the field, 4 wickets, 2 catches and a run out, a hand in 7 of the 8 wickets, he kept New Zealand under 300.

Tournament needs Windies to win this and the Afghans to beat India then the group stage get a interesting.

blimey Windies 36-2 7 or so overs in .... scoring well though 42 so far

gayle dropped on 16 ... then he smashes the next 2 balls for 6 apiece!

They are well above the required rate.
Terrible drop off Gayle and if they dont take their chances he will hammer them.

2 dropped in a row with Gayle on 58 & 59

Windies need 178 off 32 overs

Short of a major collapse Windies looking like theyll win this

25 0vers to go ... 130 needed for the Win .... Windies now 162-5 ... could be a close one?

What a great finish that was. Really felt for Brathwaite in that situation. Left with number 11, because the other batsmen’s incompetence. I’m glad he at least got a century. Had to play the shot, and obviously didn’t think Thomas could get him on strike in the last over. Great effort!

New Zealand didn’t look that impressive from what I saw. They have not played one of the big guns yet, so I will reserve judgement whether they can win it until they do.

One more foot, and he was a hero for life.....well, for a second time I guess, he already won the 2016 t20 for them!.....but got to feel for Brathwaite, that was a stunning innings.

Having said that, none of the other batsmen on the Windies team deserved to be on the winning side. Some of the most brainless cricket shots I've ever seen from the likes of Pooran, Hetmeyer and Gayle (who got three lives, and still didn't take advantage). If they'd kept their heads, they would have cruised it - but instead they decided they needed to win in 40 overs for some reason, and now they're going home.......

Back
Top Bottom