CWC 19: Sri Lanka V West Indies

Sarge

God like member
10.30 am start

Last edited by a moderator:
Sri Lanka aren't mathematically out of it yet (I think) since they could get to 10 points and pip England to the fourth spot. Windies are on the plane home. So you'd expect Sri Lanka to have more motivation. Let's hope it's a good match - after yesterday's nerves it'll be quite nice to listen to a less vital (for England) game.

Another day, another Sarge correction for the old '!' instead of '1' error. Don't worry, I'll fix it again ? Think that's 4 in the last few days ?
ooops ... I did think I was slowly getting better on that there smartphone, not yet then ... cheers @SteMerritt.... I will endeavor to avoid using ! instead of 1 :oops:

Windies won the toss & chose to put Sri Lanka in to bat first

Even if SL win this match ( and go on to the same points as England, SL cant qualify as theyve won less matches than England...theres some sort of formula that applies I think? .... that said SL have been 'penalised' so to speak, due to having been rained off?)

Windies won the toss & chose to put Sri Lanka in to bat first

Even if SL win this match ( and go on to the same points as England, SL cant qualify as theyve won less matches than England...theres some sort of formula that applies I think? .... that said SL have been 'penalised' so to speak, due to having been rained off?)

This explains it from Andy Zaltzman, @Sarge.

not much swing in the pitch it seems ... after 5 overs SL 28-0

Windies ( who also cant qualify I understand?) are not doing at all well bowling so far ... lots of pace but very little, well, anything else

10 overs in , SL are one run shy of their 50, with no loss of wicket

Slooooow paced match this is ...Windies finally take their first wicket in the 16th over .... then review a possible lbw ... not out ... SL scoring at around 6 an over ... reaching 100-1 halfway through the 33rd over

22 left ... 158-2 , Sl 2nd wicket fell in the 20th .... looking like a score of 300-325 ish for SL

173-2 with 20 overs to go ... a perspective on 50 over odis is that potentially what ever the score is after 30 overs, double that figure is likely after 50... SL could be heading for a score of close to 400today!

201-3 after 34 overs .... Allen did an amusing 'tarzan' style impersonation after taking the 3rd wicket... to be fair he both bowled n caught to take it

Ambris, Windies opening batsman, appears to have turned his ankle while in the field... he's gone off for treatment, not looking good for the Windies

Holder takes the dangerous Matthews wicket in the 40th over ... ten left to bowl....253-4

Fernando gets his 100
... and kind of inevitably goes for 104 .... Windies pick up a couple more wickets in the last 3 overs... after 50 overs 338-6 .... decent total, but maybe a few less than couldve been attained?

Ambris 'fit' to open with Gayle for Windies

Malinga takes Ambris wicket in the 3rd over.... 12-1 after 2.2 overs

while Gayle overtakes Kallis in World cup runs

50 -2 after 12 overs ... Malinga took Hope's wicket for 3 runs

Back
Top Bottom