CWC 19: Semi -Final - India V New Zealand

They havent kicked on having recovered from a poor start.
250 is a minimum I reckon and even them India will probably get them.
all depends how 'on form' Kiwi bowlers are when they bowl

but realistically , its looking more n more like its Indias semi final to lose

Williamson gone on 67 ... 134-3 ... Neesham, instead of Latham, next Kiwi with the bat

72 balls, 12 overs left of NZ innings.... 145-3

rain looking likely in the next 45 min to an hour in Manchester

NZ have been batting like a test match. Some bowlers have done well, but they look so determined to bat long, that they aren't scoring quickly enough to do any better than before.

last 10 overs to go ...155-3

IMO Nz need another 100 or there abouts to even have a chance of making the final ... 10 runs per over average too much of an ask?

Neesham went for 12 in 41st over ..... rain in the air in the 8th over! .... 179-4 with 42 balls left

Taylor reaches his 50 , with the first six of the semi final

I think NZs only hope is that it pisses down, washes today out completely and they try again tomorrow!

I think NZs only hope is that it pisses down, washes today out completely and they try again tomorrow!
rain stopped play with NZ 211-5 ... with 3.5 overs to go .... covers on , rain expected to pass in a while ( how long is a while?)

reserve day has been scheduled, should this be rained off today ...albeit isnt expected that the reserve day will be needed

seems the rain in the north west may be hanging around for another hour or so

I believe if play commences by /at 4pm no overs will be lost?

The weather isnt looking too good Thursday in Birmingham. It's a good job there is a reserve day.

I was wrong about this rain being NZs only hope. If they don't finish tonight, they restart tomorrow at the point where the game was called off today:

"If no more play is possible today, they would restart tomorrow from the point we left off at (NZ 211-5 off 46.1 overs) and play the full 50 overs per side. " (BBC website)

... and, next assessment/ inspection due at 6pm

Back
Top Bottom