CWC 19: Pakistan V Bangladesh

Sarge

God like member
10.30am start - technically Pakistan can still qualify for the semi finals, if they set a ridiculously high score and bowl Bangladesh out quickly for next to no runs ...or something similar?

10.30am start - technically Pakistan can still qualify for the semi finals, if they set a ridiculously high score and bowl Bangladesh out quickly for next to no runs ...or something similar?
^ Pakistan also need to bat first ...they won the toss and have chosen to do exactly that ...bat first

No chance.
In reality the odds are so against that Pakistan probably wont even go for it.
Then need something like 400 (a WC record) then bowl out Bangladesh for 50 odd.
If this happened everybody would think that it has been fixed.
If they went for that they could be hammered. I reckon they will just try to win (18 off 5.5 hardly suggests that they are going for 400)

first wicket in the 8th ...Fakhir for 13 .... 10 overs in 38-1

doesnt look so far that Pakistan are even going to attempt to get 390-400

Bangladesh are no mugs.
So the game is likely to be pretty even. Pakistan need to absolutely annihilate them. Which is a million to one outside bet I reckon.

Bangladesh are no mugs.
So the game is likely to be pretty even. Pakistan need to absolutely annihilate them. Which is a million to one outside bet I reckon.

hmmm ...wasnt their captain was a bit of a mug in their last match ... effectively snatching defeat from the jaws of victory by selfishly put himself in to bowl (twice), instead of sticking with the then effective spin, and the amount of runs his 2 overs of bowling 'cost' probably lost the match for Bangladesh, from a position where it was finely poised?

that apart , I agree, as a team Bangladesh aint no mugs :sneaky:

15 overs bowled ...72-1 .... Pakistan run rate not anywhere like what it should be

after 20 overs 94-1 ....theres only been 6 boundaries in the first twenty overs

halfway through the overs in Pakistan's innings ... 115-1

in the 26th over Barbar dropped on 57

Bangladesh's fielding has been awful.
Even then Pakistan need to get around 270 more from 24 overs!

Bangladesh's fielding has been awful.
Even then Pakistan need to get around 270 more from 24 overs!
appears they (Pakistan) are intending to accelerate from 'now' ? ... 14 runs off the 27th over ....137-1

Babar went lbw on 96 ....

15 overs to go 197-2

Thank goodness thay we dont need Bangladesh to win to go through!!
Pakistan should get what 320 to 340 if they can accelerate?

100 from Imam. 23 years old. He looks a very good prospect.
He then steps on his own wicket and is out!

100 from Imam. 23 years old. He looks a very good prospect.
He then steps on his own wicket and is out!
been a lot of that this CWC ... batsmen reaching 100 in an innings, then being dismissed very shortly after

been a lot of that this CWC ... batsmen reaching 100 in an innings, then being dismissed very shortly after
Yes very true.
I guess that batsmen reaching 100 think that they have to put the foot down but often it appears that the softer ball is far more difficult to put away?

Hafeez gone for 27 .... Haris goes for 6 ... 255-5 with 6.1 overs left

It's fair to say, these games feel kind of pointless and the crowds are showing it. Bring on the semi finals!

It's fair to say, these games feel kind of pointless and the crowds are showing it. Bring on the semi finals!
A sell out apparently Gary (although some appear to have not turned up)
Last group games tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom