CWC 19 : New Zealand V Pakistan

Respect due to Pakistan. Tough run chase, and Babar/Haris have stood up and nailed it down for them. I didn't think they had it in 'em.

You suspect that they'll get to 11 points now - Bangladesh is no easy win (Afghanistan should be.....although you never know with Pakistan) but they're batting and bowling well, and have now worked out their best XI.

So England have to win both of theirs, in all probability, to reach the semis. Starting off against India, on a turning wicket, facing the best spin tandem (Chahal/Kuldeep) in world cricket. Uh oh!

New Zealand aren't certain of their semi-final spot either with two tough games to come.....

I guess it's all good for the tournament!

If you think you are the best in the world, England, then beating India is what you do. If England can't take the criticism, they need to play better. Simple as that

Great result for Pakistan. Brilliant partnership between Babar Azam, and Haris. Great bowling early on too from Amir and Shaheen. Those early wickets made it easier to stop the run chase being tougher. All round a solid performance from Pakistan. They are always slow starters, but always find a way to make it to the final reckoning. I tipped them a week or two back! The Bangladesh game will be a cracker.

Back
Top Bottom