CWC 19 : New Zealand V Australia

Aussies win the toss and choose to bat first

must say, as someone who’s never liked cricket, i’ve actually enjoyed watching some of this (only highlights as don’t have sky)
my late father would’ve been happy with me cos he played a bit in his younger days for southern electric board team and loved his cricket but i couldn’t share his love for it and talk with him about it.
still don’t understand the score cards though but think i’m becoming a fan

must say, as someone who’s never liked cricket, i’ve actually enjoyed watching some of this (only highlights as don’t have sky)
my late father would’ve been happy with me cos he played a bit in his younger days for southern electric board team and loved his cricket but i couldn’t share his love for it and talk with him about it.
still don’t understand the score cards though but think i’m becoming a fan
When I was a youngster I used to watch / listen to Cricket covrage (England) with my Grandad... he loved his cricket, at that point and for many years after I never really 'got' cricket.... that all changed many years later when the West Indies ( with Viv Richards, Gus Logi, Curty Ambrose etc) were on a test tour in England and had a match between tests V combined Universities in University Park .... Went after work ( Lucys in Jerhico) on a couple of days to watch the cricket n have a few beers with work mates.... watching live cricket that first day after work, I finally 'got' cricket, it only took me 30 or so years to get there .... Test matches are my favourite form of International cricket .... I think its a real shame that this World Cup isnt being shown on terrestrial TV .... managed to get cheap tickets (£20) for the Windies V Bangladesh match in Taunton a few weeks ago ... like football, cricket is , IMO, far better to watch live

Dangerous looking damp spot collecting outside off-stump from the dribble off David Warner's chin.

When I was a youngster I used to watch / listen to Cricket covrage (England) with my Grandad... he loved his cricket, at that point and for many years after I never really 'got' cricket.... that all changed many years later when the West Indies ( with Viv Richards, Gus Logi, Curty Ambrose etc) were on a test tour in England and had a match between tests V combined Universities in University Park .... Went after work ( Lucys in Jerhico) on a couple of days to watch the cricket n have a few beers with work mates.... watching live cricket that first day after work, I finally 'got' cricket, it only took me 30 or so years to get there .... Test matches are my favourite form of International cricket .... I think its a real shame that this World Cup isnt being shown on terrestrial TV .... managed to get cheap tickets (£20) for the Windies V Bangladesh match in Taunton a few weeks ago ... like football, cricket is , IMO, far better to watch live
i should love the game cos dad and his dad both played and was always watching them when they played at the ground on the Abingdon rd.
even had a tortoise in the 70s called Vanburn after the w.indies fast bowler cos for a tortoise he couldn’t half move

superb bowling in the first 2 overs from NZ ... Aussies 0-0 so far

Afghanistan batting lasted longer than in any of their previous matches in this World Cup... though Najibullah clean bowled for 42 after the Afghan's passed the 200 run mark in the 46th over

203-7 with 5 overs left ... will Afghanistan's remaining batsmen last for the 30 deliveries, and can they get more than 225?

Don't think this one really effects England (unless we somehow tie a game, it's not New Zealand we're going to be fighting with for a semi-final spot) but Pakistan & Bangladesh will be hoping for a big Aussie win.

See the Kiwis have made a bunch of changes; not too surprising as their openers have been walking wickets and Henry has been getting some tap, so I guess they figured they'd give two spinners a try. See how it works out for them.

after 4.3 overs... Finch lbw for 8 ...15-1 :sneaky:

5 overs ...16-1

....and then Guptill pockets a screamer to remove 'Crying' Steve Smith.

Aus 46/3 after 12, Khrapwaja and Stoinis in.

Back
Top Bottom