CWC 19 India ?? v Australia ??

Hopefully Jasprit Bumrah takes a couple
Of early Aussie wickets .

hmmm, has Warner changed from sandpaper to woodglue? stumps hit, bails stay on???? :oops: :rolleyes:
Again??? Get rid of those stupid lights, get some proper bails back.

former England captains overview on the stumps/ bails combo at this world cup ....

Nasser Hussain
@nassercricket

This can’t keep happening with the bails !!! Hard enough being a bowler nowadays .. needs changing
another 'comment ' on the stumps n bails at this World cup ....

Shoaib Akhtar

@shoaib100mph

https://twitter.com/shoaib100mph/status/1137723582421839873

Today is the 5th instance of ball hitting the stumps and bails not falling.

5th instance, WITHIN this World Cup.

Whats going on??
?
?

In my entire life i have not seen 5 instances like this, let alone in the space of 10 days or a tournament!!#AUSvIND #CWC19

another former England captain has this to say on the subject ...

The bails aren't coming off...
c9a1e712-2718-4628-bd7f-932734583d41.jpg

Michael Vaughan
Ex-England captain on BBC Test Match Special
That ball to Warner thudded into leg stump. If you're not getting out when you're getting bowled, it's a concern. Something needs to be done. It's madness.

After Warner being 'bowled' ...but the bails staying in place, & Umpires not intervening( can they intervene or do the bails have to physically 'jump' off? )... Aussies 18-0 after 6 overs

After Warner being 'bowled' ...but the bails staying in place, & Umpires not intervening( can they intervene or do the bails have to physically 'jump' off? )... Aussies 18-0 after 6 overs
Yes. The bails have to actually fall to the floor. There have been times in the past where the bails have been dislodged and then settled back onto the stumps - that's not out. That's a freak occurrence, but this WC has been ridiculous with the bails not moving when the wicket has been hit. I agree with SteMerritt - if the 'zinger' bails are heavier or have to have deeper grooves in the top of the stumps then get rid of them. I think we can all live without bails that light up!

decent bowling (in the main) from India .... especially as the sandpaper cheat Warner is showing signs of getting frustrated...India been fielding well in the main too.... need to skittle a few Aussies out sharpish & really put them on the back foot
48-0 after 10 overs

hmmm, has Warner changed from sandpaper to woodglue? stumps hit, bails stay on???? :oops: :rolleyes:

I said this morning it’s got to be the lights on the stumps. Just a guess mind, but there heavier and not falling.

I said this morning it’s got to be the lights on the stumps. Just a guess mind, but there heavier and not falling.
shallower grooves in the top of the stumps may rectify the situation? .... isnt right when its happened 5 times, so far, in this World cup series ... Id rather it was fair and above board, & when stumps are hit by the ball the bails fly off than having a bunch of flashing lights embedded, for no apparent reason, myself

I think the lights are to assist the 3rd umpire for run outs and players out of there crease. If the bat over the line is inconclusive.

It’s about bat and ball, it’s hard work for bowlers as it is.

Hahaha .....Finch smashes his bat in temper/ frustration as he goes into the pavilion ... think he'll need a new bat after that :ROFLMAO:

I remember Matthew Hayden smashing a window when he got out. Can’t remember the venue, but they don’t like it when there losing, which is why they cheat.

99-1 after 20 overs with the should still b3e banned cheats both batting, c'mon India knock em both over

Yes. The bails have to actually fall to the floor. There have been times in the past where the bails have been dislodged and then settled back onto the stumps - that's not out. That's a freak occurrence, but this WC has been ridiculous with the bails not moving when the wicket has been hit. I agree with SteMerritt - if the 'zinger' bails are heavier or have to have deeper grooves in the top of the stumps then get rid of them. I think we can all live without bails that light up!

Devil’s advocate as I agree that the bails have been a concern all tournament but can they be changed midway through the competition? It would seem unfair on those sides who have managed to hit the stumps with deliveries and not get batsmen out to suddenly see a new set of stumps being used for future matches.

As always with cricket, it’s England first, then ‘anyone but Australia’ although that’s developing into ‘anyone but India’ too - they’re outrageously powerful with Kohli in there.

EDIT. Warner for all his off pitch aggression (!) has been scoring very slowly in this World Cup. I’ve seen him to be more aggressive in Test matches. Very strange.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom