CWC 19 Final preview thread

Sarge

God like member
England play like they have in the past 3 matches it should be an England win.... thing is, on their day, NZ are capable of beating anyone, often (like their semi final v India) doing just enough to get the result... prior to the Semi final NZ had a couple of woeful performances, which looked to have been repeated initially in the semi final, yet NZ stepped up and unexpectedly won the semi final, never write off NZ ... the final on Sunday should be a decent game... plus the bonus is its on terrestrial TV live (albeit channel hopping between C4 & More 4)

Very exciting!
England could blow them away like they did to the Aussies.
Boult, Williamson are world class and Taylor and Ferguson ( and Henry / Santner) are good players.
Like Australia though, NZ have been very reliant on 5 to 6 players.
If England play near their best they really should win as they do have a better all round team in my view.

Hopefully Bairstow will be fit ( assume he will be)
IF he was out through injury, who should England pick in his place?
Vince to open?
Moeen to open?
Buttler to open and Moeen cone in later on?

Thoughts?

Very slim chance I know......
If anyone has a final ticket they can't use please send me a pm. Happy to collect and pay a reasonable price.

Thanks

Vince to open?
Moeen to open?

Thoughts?
I'd be tempted with Buttler opening, Moeen further down if the worst happened and he wasn't fit. An Injured Bairstow still tops a fit Vince.

Vince to open?
Moeen to open?

Thoughts?

On Sky yesterday, Warne was suggesting Buttler opening with Roy, presumably with Moeen coming back in down the order.

I'd be tempted with Buttler opening, Moeen further down if the worst happened and he wasn't fit. An Injured Bairstow still tops a fit Vince.

with the bat for certain (currently) ... ... though as substitute fielder, in the last 3 England CWC matches, Vince has contributed to more than a few wickets with his catching

Back
Top Bottom