CWC 19: England v West Indies 14/6/19

Game over. Lovely knock from Root, bit underwhelmed with the Windies.

Cracking win!

Seems like the bad West Indies turned up today.

Three more wins from five should do it for England. Afghanistan & Sri Lanka look probable, so we'll then most likely need to win one from New Zealand/Australia/India to make the semis.

Windies in trouble now - and if they play like that again, I suspect Bangladesh will beat them next week to put the final nail in.

The Windes were terrible. Once they looked in trouble, they just gave up and started playing to the crowd rather than doing anything different. I'm looking at you, Universe Boss!

Seems like the bad West Indies turned up today.

Three more wins from five should do it for England. Afghanistan & Sri Lanka look probable, so we'll then most likely need to win one from New Zealand/Australia/India to make the semis.

Windies in trouble now - and if they play like that again, I suspect Bangladesh will beat them next week to put the final nail in.
Yes one win against the 3 quality teams we havent played yet.
If we are to have any chance of winning the thing we have to be able to do that.

Good, solid win today. Woakes stepped up today with the ball after a slow start in the tournament which is good. Cracking 2nd spell by Archer and of course:

RRRRROOOOOTTTTTTT

Decent game that was..

Hoping Windies are bit better than that on tues v bangladesh

The Windies looked a bit like a one trick pony today. Lots of short bowling on a pitch that it wasn't that good to do, and biff it when struggling.

That said, England looked ruthless today. I wonder if the Windies were taken by surprise and weren't prepared for the bowling attack they saw. Having Archer and Wood really elevates what it can do.

The Windies looked a bit like a one trick pony today. Lots of short bowling on a pitch that it wasn't that good to do, and biff it when struggling.

That said, England looked ruthless today. I wonder if the Windies were taken by surprise and weren't prepared for the bowling attack they saw. Having Archer and Wood really elevates what it can do.

Tbf to the Windies pace bowlers (those that remained fit anyway), the devil in the pitch diminished after the Sun got on it.

The England bowlers were excellent today without doubt, but they had the best of the pitch.

A turkey shoot. West Indies phoned in their performance. How did they beat Pakistan?
To be fair until Pakistan beat England they hadn't won for ages and lost 5 0 to England.
On their day Pakistan can lose to anybody!!

Tbf to the Windies pace bowlers (those that remained fit anyway), the devil in the pitch diminished after the Sun got on it.

The England bowlers were excellent today without doubt, but they had the best of the pitch.
But what they didn't do was change. It was just same old short bowling. IMHO, they need to read pitches better and be cuter - England showed them what to do on that pitch - spin, cross seamers, etc

But what they didn't do was change. It was just same old short bowling. IMHO, they need to read pitches better and be cuter - England showed them what to do on that pitch - spin, cross seamers, etc

I certainly agree with that.

Likewise with Wood and Archer, they could mix in a few more surprise yorkers as they had them automatically going back a lot with their pace and certainly Archer has a good yorker.

Back
Top Bottom