CWC 19: England v West Indies 14/6/19

62-0 after 10 overs ...England looking good with a makeshift opening pair

53-0 after 8 overs

Russell seems to have picked up an injury? .... is there some local bug or insect native to Southampton infecting players on both sides? :unsure::oops::rolleyes:
I know a lot of people from this side of Hampshire that would agree that there are certain strange things and goings on over that side of Hampshire
;)

Archer has made a big difference.
As others have suggested we used to have a fantastic batting line up and a good bowling attack.
With Archer (and Wood fit) the bowling looks to be as good (proviso that Rachid gets his form back).
We can now blow teams away with the ball as well as the bat.

Decent bowling from Holder ... England scored 'only' 3 runs off that over 103-1 after 16 overs

160/1 this has been so comfortable. I thought this would be a real test for the England batting line up, but no it’s been really easy. Even with Roy and Morgan injured.

171-1 after 27 overs..... 42 to win

think its 'safe' for me to head to work :unsure: ;)

What a player Joe Root is.
He is the perfect foil for Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Stokes.
Hope he gets his 100.

Great knock from Joe Root again, and a good mention for Bairstow and Woakes. They’ve done a professional job during this run chase. We move on to the next and hopefully weather won’t be an issue. Well done boys!

Well played, Root. Good bat to watch.

Losing the toss may have been decisive but that was an abject performance from West Indies. I'm off.

Back
Top Bottom