CWC 19 England v Sri Lanka

76/3 Stokes comes in now. Root looking in great Knick yet again. If he goes then maybe just maybe the Sri Lankan’s could spring a surprise. Still in England’s hands here.

76/3 Stokes comes in now. Root looking in great Knick yet again. If he goes then maybe just maybe the Sri Lankan’s could spring a surprise. Still in England’s hands here.
keep the runs steadily ticking over and it should be an England win.... SL no mugs though

30 overs in 126-3

107 needed from 20 overs .... Root and Stokes starting to build a partnership and beginning to get going

That’s Buttler gone. Stokes must take this game by the scruff of the neck and see it to the end.

Fair play to the Sri Lankan’s and Lasith Malinga.

I’m sure the Indians, Aussies and kiwis would love a Sri Lankan win.

England dont do easy do they? a win today should mean a semi final place is in the bag, Sri Lanka seem to have other ideas and making us work for it

close game would be good IF its an England win

Well this is bringing back some horrible memories of past England underperformances. I can't see how anyone can think they are favourites for this tournament when compared to the Indians or Aussies... or the Kiwis for that matter.

Not the wicket everyone thought it would be,we can really lose this game

Well this is bringing back some horrible memories of past England underperformances. I can't see how anyone can think they are favourites for this tournament when compared to the Indians or Aussies... or the Kiwis for that matter.
It's a minefield

I know what you mean, but...
England are a very different team now and Sti Lanka bowlers are not as good as they were.
I reckon we will win comfortably.
Oh dear.
Maybe you are right ZTH.
At least Stokes and the lower order are getting a go under pressure.
Has Malinga just turned it on for this game or have the other teams played him better?

If we lose this having lost to Pakistan we could struggle to make the last 4.
With NZ, Aus and I dia to come.
VeRY very poor batting performance

If we lose this having lost to Pakistan we could struggle to make the last 4.
With NZ, Aus and I dia to come.
VeRY very poor batting performance

not good batting at all so far from England

apparently Archer isnt too shabby with a bat ? soon find out ... 50 to win from 8 overs and only 2 wickets left ...

Back
Top Bottom