CWC 19: England V New Zealand

Sarge

God like member
10.30am ... todays match is up in in pink panther country,.... Durham (durham, durham....)

'must' win for England to reach the semi finals

Another day of trying to concentrate on coding whilst looking at the screen with CricInfo on it...

Come on England, got to turn up for this one.

England bat first and Ferguson out for NZ.
Let's hope that we get off to a good start v Boult who is their danger man.

need the top order to deliver big scores and hopefully post a target thats too far for the kiwis to chase down

Wow.
NZ start with a spinner.
First ball Roy nearly out and goes for 4 byes!!

Scoring at a good rate but just need to see out the first 5-10 overs without too many losses, see out the early swing then kick on

so far so good 44-0 after 5 overs... Southee's bowling rustyness being exploited

What’s a good score on this pitch? Seems a good one so I’d want England to get 350+. Anything like 375+ and I think NZ would struggle to chase it down

now thats funny .... white ball 'lost' on white sheets in front of the media centre after a Roy boundry... fielders and groundsmen collaborating in the search

its near invisible ... 3rd umpire rocks up with a briefcase of part used white balls, replacement chosen .... just as Oxenford (good name that btw), get to the pitch the lost ball 'appears' :LOL:

maybe use the red ball to avoid this happening again?:sneaky:

Last edited:
What’s a good score on this pitch? Seems a good one so I’d want England to get 350+. Anything like 375+ and I think NZ would struggle to chase it down
early swing seems to have all but disappeared... commentators are speculating about the possibility of a big ( 380- 400+ ) score ... England on a superb runs per over rate so far.... 67-0 after 10 overs .... NZ dispensed with slips, instead loading the off field to try and stop boundarys

Boult given an official warning (from the umpires) for running on the pitch on his bowling follow through

now thats funny .... white ball 'lost' on white sheets in front of the media centre after a Roy boundry... fielders and groundsmen collaborating in the search

its near invisible ... 3rd umpire rocks up with a briefcase of part used white balls, replacement chosen .... just as Oxenford (good name that btw), get to the pitch the lost ball 'appears' :LOL:

maybe use the red ball to avoid this happening again?:sneaky:
Can't they use ball tracking to find it? ;)

11th over the first one today where England restricted ...only 1 run off Henry ...68-0

Good start.

Winning the toss was essential, mind. Put this one to bed and then focus on the semis.

Oh, and Moeen and Vince can continue their 12th man duties too. Plunkett isn’t just that good player for the middle overs but he’s in rich form when Moeen Ali isn’t.

They said before the game that the grounds man had suggested that it is an even better pitch than the Sri Lanka v West Indies game played at Durham (where a load were scored)
After this start they have to be aiming g at 375 plus?

Could be a tough ground to defend on. England need to win this so it’s vital that they don’t just sit back, get complacent and see out lots of low scoring overs. I want to see a 400+!

past 100 runs ... 104-0 after 15 .... both opening batsmen on the cusp of notching up half centuries

Back
Top Bottom